what capture for USB 2?

paulmpianist

Question

this is an old topic, but how have you been capturing your video from your camera to your pc without firewire? This seems like the kind of problem that Roxio should have dealt with. i have not been in close communication here, so maybe ive missed a fact that they solved it, or are you still having to work around the Roxio limitation in order to use USB 2 as your transfer means?

If that's the case what do you all use? anybody use PIXELA?

thanks

paul

3 answers to this question

EMC is only capable of capturing video via IEEE1394 (Firewire), so like it has already been suggested, you have to use another program or card if you want to capture using USB. Most camcorders when purchased come with the cables and program for capturing video.

Frank...

this is an old topic, but how have you been capturing your video from your camera to your pc without firewire? This seems like the kind of problem that Roxio should have dealt with. i have not been in close communication here, so maybe ive missed a fact that they solved it, or are you still having to work around the Roxio limitation in order to use USB 2 as your transfer means?

If that's the case what do you all use? anybody use PIXELA?

thanks

paul

Roxio has no control over the proprietary nature of most capture devices. There is nothing for Roxio to deal with. Use the software that came with the capture device, if you don't have the ability to connect via firewire.

I use the software that came with my Hauppauge card.

Guest mlpasley

If you want to capture using USB 2 and a digital camcorder, you need to use the software that came with the camcorder.

Pixela is included with some camcorders, but I've never used it.

If you have a camcorder that records to DVDs, you can usually capture directly from the DVD.

Archived