• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Clean Install - Regedit Question

BloodyNora

Question

Experts,

I carried out the Clean Install steps (again!) and once I complete the Regedit step I do a find "Roxio" and get several instances eg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{0158C5CB-BFE2-4D2F-9109-0685C2248FF9} or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{0158C5CB-BFE2-4D2F-9109-0685C2248FF9}\InprocServer32

Should I be deleting all these entries manually?

Roxio: 10.02 Premier Blu-ray

3 answers to this question

I assume you have a Dell version of Roxio 10.2 Premier Bluray on x64 system. From what I understand the clean install steps for regular Roxio EMC 10 versions donot include the mentioned key. Are you using any registry cleaner which points to this key? If you are determined to clean install, I donot see any issue to remove above key.

UPDATE:

After many clean installs, reg-editing and scouring all the forums on the web I have resolved my issues. I'm not saying this will work for everyone but just caring and sharing!!

I encountered the following issues in order of occurance:

1) "Drives are disabled..." - that disappeared after using "Safely Remove Hardware" post install

2) "Certificate missing or corrupted..."

3) " no errors but clicking on icons was not doing anything.

As suspected, the Admin profile I had seemed to prevent files being updated/inserted (Yes, all firewalls, UAC, services, etc. were disabled). So I created a second ADMIN profile and and installed Roxio but it seemed to install Media Manager - I didn't care as THIS WAS PROGRESS :D

So I switched back to the original Admin and did a clean install and everything works now. B)

Archived