• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Panasonic Digital Video Camera

bdegennaro

Question

I have a Panasonic PV-GS250 Digital Video Camera. I'm trying to connect it to my 533Mhz PowerMac G4. The Mac has X.4.6 and 1.25 GB RAM. The camera is connected via FireWire. Whenever I plug in the camera, Toast closes immediately. No error messages, just closes. Toast version is 7.0.2

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!

1 answer to this question

I have a Panasonic PV-GS250 Digital Video Camera. I'm trying to connect it to my 533Mhz PowerMac G4. The Mac has X.4.6 and 1.25 GB RAM. The camera is connected via FireWire. Whenever I plug in the camera, Toast closes immediately. No error messages, just closes. Toast version is 7.0.2

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!

I don't know why you're experiencing this. There are odd Firewire issues that appear after incremental system updates that can be fixed by applying the Combined System Update on top of the existing updated system. I'd try that. You also could delete the Toast plist and prefs files from your User Library Preferences folder and/or reinstall Toast.

Also, there are a couple freeware applications that will capture from a DV camcorder. One is Vidi and the other is VirtualDV that is part of Apple's Firewire SDK21.

Archived