• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Not Enough Space On Hard Drive

DVD burner

Question

I am trying to copy my first DVD on the new laptop I purchased, that came with a DVD burner. ITs the Easy mediator roxio. I begin by inserting the DVD I want to copy and click on the copy button, it proceeds to copy all 7.5 gb and takes about 30 minutes. It then asks after completion of copy to insert a DVD DL disc to copy to. I insert one and after about 3 seconds it responds with an error of not enough harddrive space. I have checked the freespace on the hard drive and it shows over 90 gb free. I looked to update driver but the current one was the most recent driver compatible. It also did not matter what size DVD i tried to copy, if it was 6.5 gb or 8 gb it had the same reponse of not enough space, but it would be the exact amount that the DVD I copied had. any help or suggestions

5 answers to this question

Check for temp files and erase them. Also empty the recycle bin and perhaps defrag the drive.

You didn't say what your drive was fornmatted to, but if it's FAT32, there is a 4 GB file size limit on that and you would need to change to NTFS

I am trying to copy my first DVD on the new laptop I purchased, that came with a DVD burner. ITs the Easy mediator roxio. I begin by inserting the DVD I want to copy and click on the copy button, it proceeds to copy all 7.5 gb and takes about 30 minutes. It then asks after completion of copy to insert a DVD DL disc to copy to. I insert one and after about 3 seconds it responds with an error of not enough harddrive space. I have checked the freespace on the hard drive and it shows over 90 gb free. I looked to update driver but the current one was the most recent driver compatible. It also did not matter what size DVD i tried to copy, if it was 6.5 gb or 8 gb it had the same reponse of not enough space, but it would be the exact amount that the DVD I copied had. any help or suggestions

Check for temp files and erase them. Also empty the recycle bin and perhaps defrag the drive.

You didn't say what your drive was fornmatted to, but if it's FAT32, there is a 4 GB file size limit on that and you would need to change to NTFS

Thanks for the tip, I checked the drive and it is formatted NTFS, also defragged and it said i thad 85 gb free. any other suggestions

Just read your suggestion about temp files. I sure don't know what temp files have to do with burning dvd's....but I erased temp files and now it's working! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Ron