• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Insufficient Graphics Card Capability. Not!

macdoots

Question

:blink: I have an intel based imac 20 with an ATI Radeon 2600HD Pro graphics card. I am also running Windows XP Home on this computer using a partitioned drive and VM Fusion. After installing Creator 2009 and trying to access some of the features I get a message saying my card is not sufficient to run Directx 9 when in fact it is more than sufficient and can run Directx 10.

Have spoken to techs at ATI & Apple and they are baffled. Would rather not incur the expense of getting phone support from Roxio.

Any suggestions.

5 answers to this question

Try running Creator 2009 outside of VM (use dual boot instead).

Did what you suggested and it worked!!! Had some start up issues and bugs to resolve first (which were boot camp related).

Thank You Very Much.

Macdoots

Thank you to you and Big Dave. Will give it a shot and let you know the result.

Did what you suggested and it worked!!! Had some start up issues and bugs to resolve first (which were boot camp related).

Thank You Very Much.

Macdoots

Any time you run an OS in a VM, the hardware is emulated and the software does not have direct access to it. That is why you are getting the message. If you were to use BootCamp and boot into Windows as suggested by Big Dave, you shouldn't get that message.

Thank you to you and Big Dave. Will give it a shot and let you know the result.

Archived