Burned Slideshow

SLLINSC

Question

Roxio software in use is "EASY CD AND DVD BURNING" and after some research I was able to find a patch to download that made this work with my OS (Vista).

I finally have my slideshow built using Roxio and have burned it to a CD-R disc but it the disc will not play in any of my DVD players. I then tried to burn the slideshow onto a DVD-RW disc and it still will not play in any of my DVD players.

Can anyone please help me. What I am trying to accomplish is to create slideshows that can be burned to DVDs and then played in a DVD for viewing.

help ...... please!

11 answers to this question

First off, you will never get a DVD that plays on a computer or DVD player if you burn it on a CD-r media. That just won't work period !!! One thing you might want to be sure you have checked as an option is to make sure you "close" the disk (options in the burn screen) Burning on a DVD-R or +R should work fine. And make sure that you DVD you are burning will fit on a 4.7 Gb disk.

Frank...

Roxio software in use is "EASY CD AND DVD BURNING" and after some research I was able to find a patch to download that made this work with my OS (Vista).

I finally have my slideshow built using Roxio and have burned it to a CD-R disc but it the disc will not play in any of my DVD players. I then tried to burn the slideshow onto a DVD-RW disc and it still will not play in any of my DVD players.

Can anyone please help me. What I am trying to accomplish is to create slideshows that can be burned to DVDs and then played in a DVD for viewing.

help ...... please!

Exactly how did you go about burning your slideshow to a CD-R? You can only create a VCD or SVCD on a CD and many DVD players cannot play these. Also not all DVD players can play RW DVDs.

Please tell us step-by-step what you did?

Exactly how did you go about burning your slideshow to a CD-R? You can only create a VCD or SVCD on a CD and many DVD players cannot play these. Also not all DVD players can play RW DVDs.

Please tell us step-by-step what you did?

I created the slide show, then right clicked on the slide show that was created the Roxio program and sent it to the DVD burner (e: drive)

The DVD disk, would spin a few times and then nothing else would happen. However, when I put CD-R in the driver, it did acutally go through the motions of burning the CD but it would not play on the DVD or my computer. So I threw that one away.

If your burner didn't burn to a DVD, it makes me wonder if you have a Combo drive (reads Cds and DVDs, only burns CDs). No amount of software can add the additional laser setup to burn DVDs.

To check that, what is the id string of your burner? (right-click MyCompuer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager > click on the'+' by the DVD/CD-ROM drive icon to expand it, and copy the id string - character for character, upper and lower case exactly, space for space.

Lynn

I created the slide show, then right clicked on the slide show that was created the Roxio program and sent it to the DVD burner (e: drive)

The DVD disk, would spin a few times and then nothing else would happen. However, when I put CD-R in the driver, it did acutally go through the motions of burning the CD but it would not play on the DVD or my computer. So I threw that one away.

Your replies are still very "generic" in nature. Clear details would be helpful.

You created the slide show how? What specific app and steps in your Roxio program?

You right clicked on the slide show using what? Windows Explorer? If so, what is the name of the file?

When you look at the CD using Windows explorer, what does it show for files/folders on it?

If your burner didn't burn to a DVD, it makes me wonder if you have a Combo drive (reads Cds and DVDs, only burns CDs). No amount of software can add the additional laser setup to burn DVDs.

To check that, what is the id string of your burner? (right-click MyCompuer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager > click on the'+' by the DVD/CD-ROM drive icon to expand it, and copy the id string - character for character, upper and lower case exactly, space for space.

Lynn

ok - this is what is there ....

Optiarc CD-RW CRX870A ATA Device

I acutally put in a DVD movie in my computer today to see if it would play....and it did. But I bet your gonna tell me that I can wathc DVD's but not burn them.......

:-(

Thanks for your help.....

The CRX870A can read CDs, burn CDs at up to 24x, and play DVDs at up to 8x (for watching, obviously, you would use 1x, but data can be transmitted faster). Info here

So yes, you can watch DVDs, but to burn DVDs you need a DVD burner. Since that appears to be a notebook drive, you may need to get an External burner.

Lynn

The CRX870A can read CDs, burn CDs at up to 24x, and play DVDs at up to 8x (for watching, obviously, you would use 1x, but data can be transmitted faster). Info here

So yes, you can watch DVDs, but to burn DVDs you need a DVD burner. Since that appears to be a notebook drive, you may need to get an External burner.

Lynn

How about this one? Only reads......?

TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS-L462D ATA Device