• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

8004520c Error While  Encoding Movie 1

happyjack

Question

Imported some of my old video tape collection into the PC to put on DVD. Got the project set up just how I want it, but it wont burn. I get this message:

8004520c Error while  Encoding Movie 1

Getting rather frustrated with this product.

My specs are:

MS XP Pro SP3

AMD Phenom 9600 QuadCore

1.16GHz, 3.00 GB RAM

NVidia GeForce 7800GT

I dont really know what else to list, so any help would be appreciated.

Thx, Jas

17 answers to this question

Your PC lacks the horsepower to do much video work, but that is not the problem.

Quick & Easy Tests…

Open MyDVD – add 3 pictures – Burn (set Burn to File and turn off burning to drive)

If it doesn’t work, open MyDVD – Tools – Options – Render, Software.

Try it again. – this will give us an idea as to where and possibly what is failing to work.

Your PC lacks the horsepower to do much video work,

In what regard? I'm no computer guy, but I thought it was pretty hefty (at least compared to my previous PC). If I were going to upgrade, what should I upgrade to make it better for doing video work? I have quite a bit of video I wish to convert to DVD.

Open MyDVD – add 3 pictures – Burn (set Burn to File and turn off burning to drive)

Did this and worked fine. What shall I try next? Also, I have noticed that my DVD drive seems to 'fail' and registers as a "CD Drive" in my computer after using this program. This used to happen w/my Dell laptop, but I believe that was due to Drag to Disc (which I do not have on this computer). Any suggestions to help a fellow Keystone Stater out?

All prior versions recommend a 1.5Ghz as the minimum processor speed. You will have trouble capturing with a Firewire and all processing time will be… long.

Practically speaking we have determined that the Program is OK. Next steps would be to repeat the Burn to File with your project.

If it works it is your Burner.

If it doesn't something in your project is bad.

All prior versions recommend a 1.5Ghz as the minimum processor speed. You will have trouble capturing with a Firewire and all processing time will be… long.

Practically speaking we have determined that the Program is OK. Next steps would be to repeat the Burn to File with your project.

So a 1.16Ghz Quad core is worse then a 1.5Ghz single core?

For the record; went out and bought a second DVD drive (Sony) and all is right with the world. Go figure it's something that simple, sigh. Thanks guys for your input and help - Jas

ps: feel free to check out my comics website: http://www.leadslingerstudios.com - I hope to some day be able to do some animation based on my stories. One of the reasons I wanted this software.

As the software isn't optimised for SMP - the speed is relevant here and yes, the 1.16 GHz quad is worse than the single core.

What is important is actual speed and Level 2 cache - not the number of cores

That's even more true with XP Home which doesn't know what a multi-core CPU is anyway ;)

As the software isn't optimised for SMP - the speed is relevant here and yes, the 1.16 GHz quad is worse than the single core.

What is important is actual speed and Level 2 cache - not the number of cores

That's even more true with XP Home which doesn't know what a multi-core CPU is anyway ;)

I don't remember ever seeing a quad with that little GHz. The lowest that I have seen is a 2.3 GHz Phenom, but I suppose it is possible there is one as low as 1.16 GHz.

Okay, had some time to fiddle with it this weekend and here is whats going on;

I can burn to Image from MY DVD

I can burn to disc from IMAGE COPY & CONVERT

Which is nice and all, but I want to burn from MY DVD so I can have the backgrounds and menus and music and all that jazz, so where do you helpful fellows think my problem might lay? Again if I try to burn to disc in MY DVD, the program locks up solid as soon as the image is built and it goes to process 2, making my ctrl+alt+del to shut down the program, which inevitably locks up my PC (cursor, keyboard, etc all become unresponsive) so I must then do a hard shutdown.

So I appreciate all your help thus far and if you cannot help me further, where do I go for help?

Thanks again, Jas

If Windows is saying that the CPU is 1.16 GHz, double check your BIOS settings - uit's possible that it's been throttled back in there - it should be 2.3 GHz

Go here and get the test program for CPU info and settings

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/Techni...1_15259,00.html

I did this and got the following results:

Processor name:

core 0 AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core Processor

core 1 AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core Processor

core 2 AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core Processor

core 3 AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core Processor

Current Processor Speed:

core 0 1150 MHz

core 1 1150 MHz

core 2 1150 MHz

core 3 2300 MHz

Max Speed:

core 0 Unfused

core 1 Unfused

core 2 Unfused

core 3 Unfused

Any thoughts or comments, 'cause this doesn't mean boo to me? Jas

Sorry this got so far off on a tangent!

Now you need a disc of RW.

Open Video Copy & Convert and use it to burn the ISO to a reusable RW disc.

…say you got any more of your local tomatoes tucked away??? I'm in Mountville!

I put a disc in hit burn and it ran thru the motions until:

"Overall Progress" got to 97%"

"Current Task" was just blank.

And I could not click cancel. When ctrl alt del to end task, it shut down but froze my PC up and I had to hard reset.

My dvd drive isnt registering right either, so I am thinking it is indeed a drive conflict.

And no, no Washington Boro tomatoes any more. Stuck w/ the ones from the grocery store that are hard as apples and bland. Jas

Okay, had some time to fiddle with it this weekend and here is whats going on;

I can burn to Image from MY DVD

I can burn to disc from IMAGE COPY & CONVERT

Which is nice and all, but I want to burn from MY DVD so I can have the backgrounds and menus and music and all that jazz, so where do you helpful fellows think my problem might lay? Again if I try to burn to disc in MY DVD, the program locks up solid as soon as the image is built and it goes to process 2, making my ctrl+alt+del to shut down the program, which inevitably locks up my PC (cursor, keyboard, etc all become unresponsive) so I must then do a hard shutdown.

So I appreciate all your help thus far and if you cannot help me further, where do I go for help?

Thanks again, Jas

Most exoerienced users of Roxio use the 2 step method since it gives the most reliable results. You can have "all that jazz" using this method. It does not take much longer then doing the single step method and is the only way to create a 4.7GB DVD if your video is longer then 60 minutes and you want to retain the best quality.

The OP has a Phenom 9600. That makes me wonder if he made a mistake in his posting of 1.16 GHz.

Pulled that right off my System Information and just double checked, 1.16GHz. Looking into a beefier processor now, any suggestions from anyone?

It burned to image, so I guess it's a burner issue. Trying to look into that now, see if theres an updated driver or known issues with my brand burner (LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H62N). Thanks for your help, Jas

Archived