• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Data Disk Hangs Explorer

NeDave

Question

This is a weird one. I have a bunch of files that I use so I thought I would combine them on a DVD for easy access. I have Creator 2009 and selected data disk. Dragged the files to the disk and it said it copied it completely and with success. My problem is if I reinsert the disk and goto explore the files explorer hangs and will not let up unless I remove the disk. I tried multiple disks and the same problem.I also tried the disk on other computers. I finally got fed up and went to my old computer with Roxio 7 and burned it with no problem.

Is this a bug or a major problem. I am going crazy with this since I burn alot of data disks for backup and none have worked with the same problem.

I have Vista SP1 with Creator 2009 with all updates. It is a HP 8357-c

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks....David

2 answers to this question

This is a weird one. I have a bunch of files that I use so I thought I would combine them on a DVD for easy access. I have Creator 2009 and selected data disk. Dragged the files to the disk and it said it copied it completely and with success. My problem is if I reinsert the disk and goto explore the files explorer hangs and will not let up unless I remove the disk. I tried multiple disks and the same problem.I also tried the disk on other computers. I finally got fed up and went to my old computer with Roxio 7 and burned it with no problem.

Is this a bug or a major problem. I am going crazy with this since I burn alot of data disks for backup and none have worked with the same problem.

I have Vista SP1 with Creator 2009 with all updates. It is a HP 8357-c

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks....David

Are you using Creator Classic to burn your data disc? That is the best program to use for burning data to discs.

Are you using Creator Classic to burn your data disc? That is the best program to use for burning data to discs.

I was using the one on the main menu. I just noticed that program when you pointed it out. I will give it a try later and see what happens. Thanks

Archived