• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Me Too - USB Capture

Grampf

Question

Also having a problem with Capturing from a VCR.

Got Roxio 2009 Special Edition from Costco & Installed software and driver from the two CDs. No Problem so far.

Plug the cables in between the USB Device and the VCR, everything seems to be running fine.

Go into Creator and on to Media Import and It's saying 'No Signal' next to Status, so I start playing a Video, seeing if it only gets a signal when the VCR is playing. No dice.

I check that the USB device has properly installed and everything - yup, it's there in the Device Manager, showing up as USB Capture Device with the Drivers from eMPIA Tech, etc.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? I'm more of a hardware person than a software person.

Running Vista Home Premium.

Only thing I've noticed is that the USB 2861 Device is showing on Device Manager, otherwise I can't see any reason why it shouldn't be working.

Update:

I've noticed that only the USB 2861 Device is available in Media Import - there is no option in the dropdown menu for the other deviced mentioned as being the correct device.

9 answers to this question

Go through my post in Tips & Tricks and recheck everything against that.

If all is proper it would appear to be the device itself. Call Roxio for that.

Went through the tips and tricks section, still showing the No Signal issue.

roxioissueml3.jpg

This is what my Device manager is showing when I update the drivers via the Device Manager.

I'm guessing I'm getting the wrong drivers or something?

Running Vista Home Premium SP1...

I only show the USB 2861 Device in Media Import but I can capture audio with it or video. Make sure the red, white, and yellow composit are pluged in, or the S-Video and it is selected in the drop down menu, above the preview window! And the VCR is on and running.

post-97-1231971901.png

post-97-1231971911.png

cd

Running Vista Home Premium SP1...

I only show the USB 2861 Device in Media Import but I can capture audio with it or video. Make sure the red, white, and yellow composit are pluged in, or the S-Video and it is selected in the drop down menu, above the preview window! And the VCR is on and running.

VCR is all plugged in and running, USB 2861 Device is showing in Media Import, but all I'm getting is:

roxioissue2qx4.jpg

ANSWER THE QUESTION PLEASE???

cd

"VCR is all plugged in and running, USB 2861 Device is showing in Media Import"

ie - all the cables (Red/Yellow/White) are plugged in and I've tried both S-Video AND Composite, in case it was that causing problems, no luck either way.

@ Grandpabruce - yeah, tried both S-Video and Composite options in case it was on the wrong setting, nothing with either setting.

Just so you don't feel alone here, I have the same problem in Vista, XP on 3 machines and in Windows 7 beta. Some things are just not meant to be for me.

I have another capture device in my system that works flawlessly with Roxio. I think the drivers are buggy.

Archived