Sonic Digital Media Plus V7

The Voice

Question

Hey Guys - PLEASE HELP:(

I am running Sonic Digital Media Plus V7 on Windows XP Professional and have been for quite some time. In the past few months I have been having problems opening Internet Explorer and when I submit error report it tells me its due to the sonic software I have installed. When I go to the Sonic/Roxio site tyhere are no updates for this software and its apparently an add on thats causing the issue.

I cannot start Explorer without add ons either and the same error/report/solution is suggested. I emailed roxio support and got no response:( I like the particular software as its easy to use and I don't get any errors in burned music discs.

The report I get from Microsoft is below - PLEASE HELP !!

Thanks,

Steve

Download updates for Roxio Software (Drive Letter Access Component - dlashx_w.dll)

This problem was caused by Roxio Software (Drive Letter Access Component - dlashx_w.dll), which was created by Sonic Solutions.

Roxio Software (Drive Letter Access Component - dlashx_w.dll) is an Internet Explorer add-on. Add-ons are software components that add features and functionality to Microsoft Internet Explorer. This version of Roxio Software (Drive Letter Access Component - dlashx_w.dll) is known to have compatibility issues with this version of Windows.

Solution

To solve this problem, follow this step:

Go online to the following website to download and install the latest version of Roxio Software (Drive Letter Access Component - dlashx_w.dll):

Sonic Solutions

If you are unable to update the Roxio Software (Drive Letter Access Component - dlashx_w.dll) add-on, you can turn it off.

How do I turn off an add-on?

Open Internet Explorer.

Depending on your version of Internet Explorer, do one of the following:

o

In Internet Explorer 6, click the Tools menu, and then click Manage Add-ons.

o

In Internet Explorer 7, click the Tools menu, point to Manage Add-ons, and then click Enable or Disable Add-ons.

Click the Roxio Software (Drive Letter Access Component - dlashx_w.dll) add-on.

Click Disable. You might have to restart Internet Explorer for the changes to take effect.

Additional troubleshooting

If this problem continues to occur, we recommend these additional troubleshooting steps.

Start Internet Explorer with no add-ons

Depending on your version of Internet Explorer, do one of the following:

In Internet Explorer 7, do the following:

1. Close all Internet Explorer windows.

2. Click Start, click Run, type iexplore.exe –extoff, and then click OK.

3. Internet Explorer will open a new window with all add-ons turned off.

In Internet Explorer 6, do the following:

Close all Internet Explorer windows.

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

Double-click Internet Options.

Click the Advanced tab.

Under Browsing, clear the Enable third-party browser extensions (requires restart) check box.

Restart Internet Explorer.

Note

When you turn off third-party browser extensions and restart Internet Explorer, all third-party browser extensions will be unavailable. You can easily turn on these components again.

Continue using Internet Explorer the same way you did when you received a crash report. If Internet Explorer starts and runs with all of the add-ons turned off, then the next step will help you determine which add-on is causing it to crash.

Disable all add-ons (one at a time) until you can no longer reproduce the problem

2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

3. Click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Internet Options.

4. Click the Programs tab, and then click Manage Add-ons.

5. Click the name of the add-on you want to turn off, and then, under Settings, click Disable

6. . Click OK.

7. Restart Internet Explorer. Continue using Internet Explorer the same way you did when you received a crash report. If Internet Explorer continues to crash after disabling this add-on, continue with the next step.

8. Repeat steps b through g for each add-on listed. When you can no longer reproduce the problem, the most recently disabled add-on is the cause of the problem. Please report this add-on to us by using the survey at the bottom of this page to help us improve our error responses.

If Internet Explorer crashes with all of the add-ons turned off, then you need to reset Internet Explorer:

Reset Internet Explorer settings

By resetting Internet Explorer settings, you return it to the state it was in when it was first installed on your computer. This is useful for troubleshooting problems that might be caused by settings that were changed after installation. When you restore Internet Explorer's default settings, some webpages that rely on previously stored cookies, form data, passwords, or previously installed browser add-ons might not work correctly. Resetting Internet Explorer to its default settings does not delete your favorites, RSS feeds, and a few other personalized settings. The following table describes what will happen to various settings when you reset Internet Explorer.

Settings categories

Items affected

Settings that are deleted

* Browser history, temporary Internet files, cookies, form data, and stored passwords

* Typed URL information, offline webpages, menu extensions

* Websites added to intranet, trusted, or restricted zones

* Websites added for special cookie handling under the Privacy tab

* Websites allowed to use pop-ups under Pop-up Blocker settings

* Explorer most recently used list

Settings that are reset to Windows or manufacturer defaults

* Home page

* Search providers, tabbed browsing settings

Colors, languages, fonts and accessibility settings (General tab)

* Security settings for all zones (Security tab)

* Advanced tab settings

* Privacy tab settings

* Pop-up blocker, AutoComplete, Phishing Filter, and Zoom settings

* Page setup, toolbar, and text size settings

* Feeds settings (sync and notification, not feeds themselves)

* ActiveX controls that are not on the pre-approved list (reset to opt-in state)

* Toolbars, browser helper objects, and browser extensions are disabled

Settings and items that are maintained

* Favorites

* Feeds

* Content Advisor settings

* Pre-approved ActiveX controls

* Temporary Internet file (cache) path settings

* Certificate information

* Internet Programs (e‑mail, instant messenger, and other programs associated with Internet use)

* Internet connection, proxy, and VPN settings

* Default web browser setting

Steps to reset Internet Explorer settings

Disable all add-ons (one at a time) until you can no longer reproduce the problem

2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

3. Click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Internet Options.

4. Click the Programs tab, and then click Manage Add-ons.

5. Click the name of the add-on you want to turn off, and then, under Settings, click Disable

6. . Click OK.

7. Restart Internet Explorer. Continue using Internet Explorer the same way you did when you received a crash report. If Internet Explorer continues to crash after disabling this add-on, continue with the next step.

8. Repeat steps b through g for each add-on listed. When you can no longer reproduce the problem, the most recently disabled add-on is the cause of the problem. Please report this add-on to us by using the survey at the bottom of this page to help us improve our error responses.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived