• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Editing Vob Files

Vulgan

Question

I know this question was answered about two years ago but I cannot find the thread.

I have VOB files on my hard drive and want to edit them but I cannot find the feature in Roxio that will allow me to do this. I purchased Video-Redo for this process before finding out that Roxio was able to do it all along. I prefer using one program for my video projects rather than several if I can.

Does anyone remember if Roxio will work with VOB files or if they need to be converted to MPEG first?

6 answers to this question

I know this question was answered about two years ago but I cannot find the thread.

I have VOB files on my hard drive and want to edit them but I cannot find the feature in Roxio that will allow me to do this. I purchased Video-Redo for this process before finding out that Roxio was able to do it all along. I prefer using one program for my video projects rather than several if I can.

Does anyone remember if Roxio will work with VOB files or if they need to be converted to MPEG first?

Yes, you can try changing the .vob file extension to .mpg and see if you can bring them in. It worked for me, when I used EMC 7.5.

Open VideoWave, and try to bring the .mpg files in.

Edited by grandpabruce

Copy the DVD to a folder on your hard drive.

When using windows xp.

Make sure the extensions of known files are shown.

In the explorer window your using to rename files, click tools, folder options, view (tab), uncheck hide extensions for known file types.

Change your vob's to .mpg including the period before the mpg, just like the jpg's below show...

post-97-1231512993.png

cd

Thanks guys! :o) Changing the file extention worked like a charm. Capture for some reason does not recognize my VOB files. And I think Capture is what I used in the past. Perhaps to inport from a DVD and not a VOB file on my hard drive.

I'm really glad you guys are still around helping people like myself with Roxio 7.5.

It may be considered an old program but it works like a charm!

(I had a hard drive crash and after replacing the hard drive, I did not reinstall IE7. So now EMC 7.5 works again!)

:):):)

Thanks guys! :o) Changing the file extention worked like a charm. Capture for some reason does not recognize my VOB files. And I think Capture is what I used in the past. Perhaps to inport from a DVD and not a VOB file on my hard drive.

I'm really glad you guys are still around helping people like myself with Roxio 7.5.

It may be considered an old program but it works like a charm!

(I had a hard drive crash and after replacing the hard drive, I did not reinstall IE7. So now EMC 7.5 works again!)

:):):)

You're welcome.