• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Windows Xp Suddenly Starts Installing Emc9

imcp

Question

Hi,

Out of the blue Windows XP starts installing EMC9 after I clicked on the application icon. The installation fails because XP cannot find RCPCORE.msi. I downloaded the EMC9 Updater but this won't install because it thinks that there isn't a valid installation on my PC, but until very recently there sure was. Any ideas?

5 answers to this question

Hi,

Out of the blue Windows XP starts installing EMC9 after I clicked on the application icon. The installation fails because XP cannot find RCPCORE.msi. I downloaded the EMC9 Updater but this won't install because it thinks that there isn't a valid installation on my PC, but until very recently there sure was. Any ideas?

Put the original program disc in your drive and point to it. If you downloaded it, point the program to the location where the extracted download it. (not the updater).

Did you use a registry cleaner lately? That will sometimes screw up the installation.

I did do a search on the C drive for 'RCPCORE', but I didn't get any results. So, in trying to find the extracted download, as you suggest, what should I look for, or where? I guess I didn't save the download on 'my downloads', as I normally do, otherwise it still would have been there, or perhaps I've chosen 'run' instead of 'save' while downloading EMC9. Any suggestions?

Re-down load the program (both files) and save them. Do a clean uninstall/install following these procedures. Don't skip any steps. Make sure that you install to a malware free defragged hard drive with your anti-virus turned off.

Where can I find EMC9 on the Roxio website? I did register the product when I bought it, but there I can't find any clue how to re-download this software.

I don't think you can get a new download at this stage (that is two versions back).

If you still have the original download, then open that with winrar or winzip and extract the files (they are in two self-extracting archives)

I did do a search on the C drive for 'RCPCORE', but I didn't get any results. So, in trying to find the extracted download, as you suggest, what should I look for, or where? I guess I didn't save the download on 'my downloads', as I normally do, otherwise it still would have been there, or perhaps I've chosen 'run' instead of 'save' while downloading EMC9. Any suggestions?

Re-down load the program (both files) and save them. Do a clean uninstall/install following these procedures. Don't skip any steps. Make sure that you install to a malware free defragged hard drive with your anti-virus turned off.

Archived