Duplicate Audio/video On 2 Different Clips

griff39

Question

I am new to video editing. I am using Roxio Creator 2009 but am experiencing a problem with duplicate audio/video at the end of one clip and the beginning of the next clip. It is very short in duration but it is there and not happening on all of the clips. Is this normal? Do I simply have to edit it out? I am importing a hockey game from a Sony videocamera that I recorded. Has anyone else had this problem? Am I doing something wrong during the import? Thanks for any help. I am at my wits end.

I am using VideoWave.

4 answers to this question

When I import the video from the DVD disc that my Sony camera records to it creates both a "full" movie and, in this case, 60 separate clips. What I discovered is that I do not appear to need the full movie just the individual clips. It looks like the movie is ALL 60 of the clips in one file. What I noticed is that at the end of Clip 1 and the beginning of the next clip (Clip 2) a small 1-2 seconds of video from the end Clip 1 repeats itself at the beginning of Clip 2. For example: Clip 1 plays fine but when Clip 2 starts it replays 1-2 seconds from the end of the Clip 1 at the beginning of Clip 2. It is very odd. It happens on other clips too. I can't delete the first clip because I need the video from that clip as well as the video on clip 2 minus the duplicate video.

Sorry if this sounds like nonsense but I'm not sure I can make it much clearer. I have deleted everything and imported the clips 4 different times now with the same result. I even tried importing a different disc with a different video on it and the same thing happened. The 2nd disc was a smaller file and only had 6 clips. I have tried searching the knowledge base but can't find the correct terminology to search on to get the result I need.

Is it possible because the camera is recording in widescreen format and I am importing the file in the regular format that I am creating this problem? I was going to try to import the clips in widescreen next to see what happens but I haven't had a chance to get back into the software to try that.

If anyone has seen this problem and knows the solution I would really appreciate the help.

When I import the video from the DVD disc that my Sony camera records to it creates both a "full" movie and, in this case, 60 separate clips. What I discovered is that I do not appear to need the full movie just the individual clips. It looks like the movie is ALL 60 of the clips in one file. What I noticed is that at the end of Clip 1 and the beginning of the next clip (Clip 2) a small 1-2 seconds of video from the end Clip 1 repeats itself at the beginning of Clip 2. For example: Clip 1 plays fine but when Clip 2 starts it replays 1-2 seconds from the end of the Clip 1 at the beginning of Clip 2. It is very odd. It happens on other clips too. I can't delete the first clip because I need the video from that clip as well as the video on clip 2 minus the duplicate video.

Sorry if this sounds like nonsense but I'm not sure I can make it much clearer. I have deleted everything and imported the clips 4 different times now with the same result. I even tried importing a different disc with a different video on it and the same thing happened. The 2nd disc was a smaller file and only had 6 clips. I have tried searching the knowledge base but can't find the correct terminology to search on to get the result I need.

Is it possible because the camera is recording in widescreen format and I am importing the file in the regular format that I am creating this problem? I was going to try to import the clips in widescreen next to see what happens but I haven't had a chance to get back into the software to try that.

If anyone has seen this problem and knows the solution I would really appreciate the help.

There is no need to "import" from the DVD. Simply copy the Video_TS folder to your hard drive, launch Videowave and add the vob file from the Video_TS folder.

If I even understand you…

Load the first clip and look & listen to the last few seconds of it.

Delete it and load the second clip and look & listen to the first seconds.

You are saying they are the same???

If so, it is in the capture so explicit details are needed about the capture of the clips.

Archived