• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Hd Imovie Slideshow To Dvd

Rufus8600

Question

My concept is simple for the most part...

I want to create HD slideshows in iMovie (v6) and then burn them as BluRay to standard dvd.

From what I read, I should be able to this with my existing software/equipment. I'm only missing a BluRay player at this point, but can borrow one for testing to make sure this works prior to making the investment.

I have a short (4min) sample slideshow already staged, but wanted to ask prior to starting this concept if I will run into any unforseen issues.... or if anyone has any tips to help PRIOR to me starting. I'm also reading that some BluRay players work better than others, so any brand recommendations here are also appreciated.

I'm running 10.4.11 on a G4/867mhz/1.5GB ram with iMovie 6. If needed I have access to my son's G5/2ghz iMac (capable of running iMovie 8), but would prefer my computer due to disc space, iMovie 6, and also to stay out of his way.

So far, I've cropped my images to 16x9 "shape"using iPhoto, imported them into iMovie, set the music, transitions, time, etc. I have the first iMovie project set to 720p (my TV is 720) thinking it reduce encoding time and file size, but then as an afterthought also created a duplicate 1080i version. Both are ready to go, but figured I'd come here first to hopefully get some good info to prevent any wasted time.

Any prelim help would be greatly appreciated.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived