Playback On Blue Ray Players

jimofbh

Question

I have burned several regular DVD-R discs in the Blue Ray format on Toast 10, one using MPEG 4 and the other with MPEG 2 and also in the default auto mode. The original file was an MP4 hi def video file (1080 P at 30 fps) from my new Samsung camcorder. Both discs play fine on my Playstation 3 including recognizing the menu but neither will play on my samsung blue ray player BDP1500. I have done the firmware update on the Samsung and have also tried burning with no menus but the Blue Ray player will still not recognize the disc. Video file is only about 3 g or 18 minutes of video. Any suggestions ?......any Blue Ray players out there that do recognize this format from Toast ?

2 answers to this question

I am going to reply to my own post for all of your reference because I finally discovered the problem with the playback issue on my Samsung Blue Ray player. Fortunately, I had purchased 2 blue ray players. I had been trying to play these discs on one of the players but not the other one. Turns out the one that I was trying to play the discs on had received the Samsung firmware updates that upgraded the player for BD live. My other Samsung was not hooked up to the internet so it did not receive any of the updates. When I tried the discs on the one that did not receive the updates, it read all of the discs and played them perfectly. Obviously, I am not going to update this Blue Ray so that I can play these Toast burned discs, however, it could pose problems for people that purchase new Blue Ray players. I guess if you have a Blue Ray player that plays the discs, leave well enough alone and do not do any firmware upgrades on it. Hopefully, Toast will also do updates on their Blue Ray plug in app to keep up the capability of playing on new Blue Ray players as they get released. PS3 does not seem to be an issue as it seems to play anything you feed into it.

I have the same Problem like you. (sorry for my bad english - I´m from Germany).

But I´m sure, that it is a "Toast-Problem". On my Windows-PC I work with the Programm Power Director. If I burn a Mini-Blu-Ray (aka AVCHD-DVD) with this Programm, I have no problem playing these Disks on my Samsung BDP-1500 with the newest firmware.

For this reason I apply the the Toast-Programmers to bring out an update for the Blu-Ray-Plugin. I only bought Toast 10 to burn Mini-Blu-Rays on my Mac. So I´m a little bit angry and look hopefull forward for an update. Thanks.

Greetings

Edited by HeinzKetchup