Create Dvd's - Advanced_runtime Errors

Lord Roxio

Question

This is the first time I have tried to use the Create DVD portrion of Creator 2009. Just for the record, I have used the Cineplayer and Copy Disc with no problems. Anyway, I launch Videos>Movies>Create DVD's-Advanced. I try to add my video to edit and I receive this runtime error. This is an ongoing problem. What is causing this?

System Information

1. Dell Dimension E521 - SMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
  2. Windows XP - SP3 - MCE
  3. GeForce 7300 LE Video Card
  4. Creative Soundblaster Titanium X-Fi Audio Processor
  5. 3 GB RAM
RoxioRuntimeError_pic1.jpg

RoxioRuntimeError_pic2.jpg

8 answers to this question

Okay. My next question is...What broke the program? It's only been on my system and running for 4 days. I just barely kicked the tires of this new car.

Is RoxioMediaDB11.exe showing up as a service in TaskManager?

If not, use msconfig to put a checkmark beside RoxioMediaDB11.exe in the services tab.

See if that gets rid of the error.

Hello,

I Have already done two clean installs and uninstalls to no avail. I too get the exact same errors in Create Dvd's Advanced, when trying to add movies or when trying to add/edit the intro movie. The exact same error boxes.

I have as I said done two clean uninstalls and two clean installs, while also disabling my Norton 360 for over an hour while doing each set of uninstall and installs.

I have a Dell Dimension XPS Gen 4

Pentium 4 3.4 GHz

Audigy 2 ZS

Radeon X800 XT (PCI express bus)

2 GB Ram

The services running after both clean uninstall/installs were exactly: LiveShare P2P Server 11, RoxMediaDB11, Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 11, Roxio UPnP Renderer 11, Roxio Upnp Server 11

Nothing fixes this problem so far! :angry:

<removed to avoid spam>

Edited by gi7omy

First of all, never EVER post your e-mail address on a public board. They all get trawled with spiderbots and all that is guaranteed is you will end up on a spammer's list

That said - did you try any of the suggestions listed?

Thankyou, noted! Yeah I have tried evrything and still receive these exact same two error boxes as previously posted when trying to run , media manager, Advanced DVD - add movie or edit/add intro movie, express dvd when trying to add movies. I have almost given up on this software and am about to move to nero if I do not rectify soon, even though out the 99$. Thanks again about the warning.

Hello,

I Have already done two clean installs and uninstalls to no avail. I too get the exact same errors in Create Dvd's Advanced, when trying to add movies or when trying to add/edit the intro movie. The exact same error boxes.

I have as I said done two clean uninstalls and two clean installs, while also disabling my Norton 360 for over an hour while doing each set of uninstall and installs.

I have a Dell Dimension XPS Gen 4

Pentium 4 3.4 GHz

Audigy 2 ZS

Radeon X800 XT (PCI express bus)

2 GB Ram

The services running after both clean uninstall/installs were exactly: LiveShare P2P Server 11, RoxMediaDB11, Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 11, Roxio UPnP Renderer 11, Roxio Upnp Server 11

Nothing fixes this problem so far! :angry:

<removed to avoid spam>

Using msconfig disable all of the services you listed except the RoxMediaDB11

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. I did use msconfig as suggested, and disabled all of the services I originally listed except, the RoxMediaDB11. I then restarted my system. Started RMC 2009, then started Create DVDs - Advanced, then after it started and I selected new DVD w/menu as project, I hit Add Movies. The exact same two error boxes occured once again and crashed MyDVD and closed it, bringing me back to the central RMC 2009 menu.

I think this has something to do with msxml3 somehow?

Sincerely

JMSfly