• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Playback Problems

sparkey

Question

Hi,

I had purchased a copy of creator 9 to go on to my dell Vostro 1510. i like the interface but have been trying to burn a DVD using My DVD or My DVD express, i am able to put the project together and burn the project to disk. The software tells me that the task is complete however, when i try to play it back on most DVD players the disk will not read and on the one that i can get it to play it jumps and stutters could someone please tell me what i am doing wrong because the problem is very frustrating. :(

I would really like to get this solved as i am loving the interface much clearer to use. its just this issue that is stopping me enjoying it.

Thanks

Sparkey

13 answers to this question

Thanks for this.

I have tried new Verbatim disks but they now will not play on my Sony dvd player in the lounge the disk which is Verbatim still will not play.

Also although the disks appear to play on other dvd players, the audio in the menus appear to be far to loud causing popping. Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps if you tried +R instead of -R (or vice-versa)

Don't ask me why but sometimes that works

The menu problem - personally I always disliked the audio on the menus (especially the 'cinema' one where you do get the clatter of an old-fashioned projector in the background)

Hi,

I had purchased a copy of creator 9 to go on to my dell Vostro 1510. i like the interface but have been trying to burn a DVD using My DVD or My DVD express, i am able to put the project together and burn the project to disk. The software tells me that the task is complete however, when i try to play it back on most DVD players the disk will not read and on the one that i can get it to play it jumps and stutters could someone please tell me what i am doing wrong because the problem is very frustrating. :(

I would really like to get this solved as i am loving the interface much clearer to use. its just this issue that is stopping me enjoying it.

Thanks

Sparkey

Newbie - would you share the solution to this when you get it? I am new to DVD burning but the ones I have burned with new Roxio 2009 have resulted in error messages when attempting to play in DVD player. Having difficulty getting response from Roxio tech support too so am becoming a little frustrated. I'd appreciate any info you can pass along.

Newbie - would you share the solution to this when you get it? I am new to DVD burning but the ones I have burned with new Roxio 2009 have resulted in error messages when attempting to play in DVD player. Having difficulty getting response from Roxio tech support too so am becoming a little frustrated. I'd appreciate any info you can pass along.

Read Posts #2, #4, and #6 in this thread.

As i said in my original post even when it does play in only one out of five units i have access to, it skips and wont play properly the audio is broken and the picture jumps slightly. I have also tried several different brands of disk ranging from cheaper disks to phillips i have the same problem on them all.

any more advice that might help me with this?

thanks.

Sparkey

The behavior you've described is usually due to a less than good quality burn

While not cheaper, Philips isn't necessarily better quality. Verbatim, as Jim suggested in his original post, is a good brand of known good quality and worth trying.

The other factor which influences the quality of the burn is the speed you burn the disc at. Try burning it at half the speed you originally used, for a much better quality of burn.

Regards,

Brendon

Try slowing down the burn rates. My DVD burner will do 16x and the media I have supports that. However, I've found that much past 4x and I have problems in some of my DVD players. 8x works fine in my home DVD player but not in the vehicles. 4x works in everything. 16x works fine in the PCs, once in a while on the portable dvd player. Never in the house DVD or vehicle DVD players.

Additionally, most of my non-PC players only support DVD-R and never the DVD+R. I have one older player that onlys supports DVD+R.

It does - a lot of players seem to hiccup badly when the disc is burnt at high speed

4x seems to be about the best for compatibility

To change the burn rate, once you select 'burn' there should be a box with a drop down menu to set the speed

It does - a lot of players seem to hiccup badly when the disc is burnt at high speed

4x seems to be about the best for compatibility

To change the burn rate, once you select 'burn' there should be a box with a drop down menu to set the speed

For purpose of clarification, does lower burn rate mean lower video quality or vice-versa?

For purpose of clarification, does lower burn rate mean lower video quality or vice-versa?

No burn rate does not affect the quality of the video, as that is determined by the bitrate etc. of the encoding. It does reduce the data errors that can occur when the files are burned to the disc.

Archived