Losing Memory

rustyk50

Question

I am on XP with Crator 9. Every DVD that I copy I loose the same amount of space on my hard drive. Each film is about 4.5 Gig. After 7 DVDs I am out of free space on my Hard Drive and can not find where it is and delete it. When I copy music this does not happen. can anyone help?

Rusty

4 answers to this question

I am on XP with Crator 9. Every DVD that I copy I loose the same amount of space on my hard drive. Each film is about 4.5 Gig. After 7 DVDs I am out of free space on my Hard Drive and can not find where it is and delete it. When I copy music this does not happen. can anyone help?

Rusty

Take a look at the nifty utility cited by Steve in this post. Great for cleaning out garbage that's taking up space in your hd.

Take a look at the nifty utility cited by Steve in this post. Great for cleaning out garbage that's taking up space in your hd.

The important part of linking to that post is not the utility!

"Also if the files are temp files (which they should be), then rebooting the computer should wipe them out".

cd