• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Crash Before Burning

keybored

Question

Most of the time when I attempt to burn a DVD, my computer crashes...the message states that it appears a file called ialmdev5.DLL is the culprit. It also states...page fault in nonpaged area. I researched and discovered the file pertains to the video card and made sure I had the latest drive, which I did. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I will tell you that the crash happens near the end of the encoding process or once the burn begins.

For reference, I have a Dell XPS 200 with Windows XP Professional

Thanks for your input!

2 answers to this question

Most of the time when I attempt to burn a DVD, my computer crashes...the message states that it appears a file called ialmdev5.DLL is the culprit. It also states...page fault in nonpaged area. I researched and discovered the file pertains to the video card and made sure I had the latest drive, which I did. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I will tell you that the crash happens near the end of the encoding process or once the burn begins.

Thanks for your input!

It's not a Roxio software problem. Google that .dll, and you will get lots of hits.

Thanks for your input!

What video card do you have?

Archived