Incorrect Frame Rate For Flv Files?

dbouchon

Question

Hello,

using Toast to convert FLV files to MPEG4 files (to play on iPhone) seems to work well, except for the frame rate:

I am trying to convert a 40-minute FLV file coded at 15 FPS. Toast recognizes it as a 20-minute FLV file coded at 30 FPS. It converts the file correctly to MPEG4, but the result is a 20-minute MPEG4 file at 30 FPS (so it plays at twice the normal speed).

Note that quicktime and other Windows tools correctly recognize the FLV file as a 40-minute, 15 FPS file.

Is there a way to correct this? Is there a way to force the frame rate in toast for the conversion? Any solution?

Thanks,

D.

6 answers to this question

Hello,

using Toast to convert FLV files to MPEG4 files (to play on iPhone) seems to work well, except for the frame rate:

I am trying to convert a 40-minute FLV file coded at 15 FPS. Toast recognizes it as a 20-minute FLV file coded at 30 FPS. It converts the file correctly to MPEG4, but the result is a 20-minute MPEG4 file at 30 FPS (so it plays at twice the normal speed).

Note that quicktime and other Windows tools correctly recognize the FLV file as a 40-minute, 15 FPS file.

Is there a way to correct this? Is there a way to force the frame rate in toast for the conversion? Any solution?

Thanks,

D.

Can you give me more information on how the source file was created, or where I could obtain it?

Sure: the file was downloaded from the net, as an example this one:

[removed link]

(not that the extension says .rar, but just change the extension to .flv after the download and it is a regular FLV file).

I removed the link from your post but was able to grab the file and see what you've described, we're working on it :)

thanks

Archived