• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast 10 Crashes Whenever I Try To Convert A Video

ecca2323

Question

I have used Tivo Transfer to transfer a few videos to my Mac. In the main Toast Window, I drag a Tivo movie from the browser to the main Window (set to Convert > Video Files). I choose the settings at the bottom left for iPhone/iPod Touch and press the red Record button. Toast 10 crashes instantly and does not provide an error message.

I have tried this with a few different Tivo videos, and it crashes every time.

6 answers to this question

I get the same problem with any avi file. It either crashes or it gives me a file with no sound whatsoever. Deleting everything does jack.

No audio means you don't have the Perian codec installed. Go to www.perian.org .

I have used Tivo Transfer to transfer a few videos to my Mac. In the main Toast Window, I drag a Tivo movie from the browser to the main Window (set to Convert > Video Files). I choose the settings at the bottom left for iPhone/iPod Touch and press the red Record button. Toast 10 crashes instantly and does not provide an error message.

I have tried this with a few different Tivo videos, and it crashes every time.

I was frustrated because my Tivo downloads kept getting stuck (perpetual "waiting" message) -- I could get them going again by restarting both my Tivo DVRs, but that got to be pretty tedious and the Roxio Tech Support never got back to me no matter how many times I emailed them. I found good advice from another stream in this forum -- forget about Roxio Toast and download iTivo (to download from TiVo to Mac) and pyTiVoX (upload from Mac to TiVo) - both free, both work fine. Tell everyone you know to stay away from Roxio software since their customer support is the lamest I've ever seen.

See if it helps to trash the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder and relaunch Toast.

Thank you for your response. I deleted the preference files in both my user folder and Macintosh HD. There were two in the user path and one in the Mac HD path. Unfortunately, I restarted Toast and had exactly the same problem when introducing a video for conversion. I wonder what else it could be?

Thank you for your response. I deleted the preference files in both my user folder and Macintosh HD. There were two in the user path and one in the Mac HD path. Unfortunately, I restarted Toast and had exactly the same problem when introducing a video for conversion. I wonder what else it could be?

I'm puzzled, too. Check the TiVo to Go for Mac forum to see if anyone has posted this problem in the past. Also, run your Hardware Test disc or this application to test if the issue is due to defective RAM.

Archived