• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
What do I know?

How The Heck Do You Set Chapters In The Vhs To Dvd Software?

Question

I admit I'm a bit of a rookie here, but for the life of me I can't navigate through this vhs to dvd software very easily. I was able to transfer my VHS to DVD, but I am not able to figure out how to put chapters in this DVD. I click finish and I am finished.

-Does the editing take place in MyDVD software or is it in the VHS to DVD?

-Am I able to do this editing using a DVD+R?

-Any step by step help would be appreciated?

thanks.

5 answers to this question

Actually, none of the Guru's have ever seen the software and I am not 100% sure what programs are in the box…

Best place is when you are done and just before burning in MyDVD.

Right Click the menu button and choose Edit Chapters. (hint: SAVE your project BEFORE you do this)

If all you have is MyDVD Express – no chapters… Of course you didn't really buy a $60 product thinking that you were getting a $50 piece of hardware and $100 full software package??? :lol:

I admit I'm a bit of a rookie here, but for the life of me I can't navigate through this vhs to dvd software very easily. I was able to transfer my VHS to DVD, but I am not able to figure out how to put chapters in this DVD. I click finish and I am finished.

-Does the editing take place in MyDVD software or is it in the VHS to DVD?

-Am I able to do this editing using a DVD+R?

-Any step by step help would be appreciated?

thanks.

Does your software look sort of like this? Ignore the menu showing and the name of the application.

That program simply transfers VHS tapes to a DVD with no editing, no adding chapters.

You would need the full Creator 2009 or EMC 10 to do the editing. If you bought your application directly from Roxio on-line in the last 30 days, call them to return it and buy the full version of Creator 2009.

post-58-1231594039.jpg

Read Em & Weep :lol:

Step 3: Edit and Share:add Hollywood-style menus and chapters…

post-39730-1231598116.jpg

Still, that seems like a lot of horsepower for $60! :huh:

Remember C&C 3 and the RedBox! :(

I stand corrected.

A knowledgeable source says "Easy VHS to DVD is basically VW and MyDVD with Roxio Video Capture USB."

To the OP, here are some good background videos -- karri's, mine, Roxio's.

To answer your initial question.

OR

Open MyDVD, add the video file to it and then right click on it. Select edit chapters. You can then do it manually or automatically.

BTW, chapters are like chapters in a book except they are chapters in one movie. A movie is just that- a stand-alone video. You can have many movies (usually 4 to 6) on a menu page or pages. Each of those movies could have many chapters that would be on a (sub-menu) or chapter page. If you select a movie with chapters, the chapter page will open. If you select a chapter to start with, the movie will play to the end and then return to the menu page.

post-58-1231803649.jpg

Edited by sknis