• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast Burn Fail - Files Not Deleted

Deymon

Question

While trying to burn a disc using Toast 9 (OS 10.5.6) on an LG external drive, the burn failed twice at about 89%, stating that there was a buffer under run.

Toast seems to have created some kind of temporary file during both burns that it DIDN'T delete. I googled and saw most people saying to look in the Roxio Converted Items folder, but there was nothing in there. Even showing hidden files, and deleting that folder didn't recover the almost 10GB of space that Toast ate.

I've uninstalled the entire Toast Titanium suite using App Zapper, cleaned my system cache, rebooted twice and still no luck recovering that space.

Can someone offer any ideas?

TIA!

2 answers to this question

I suggest running Disk Warrior if you have it or maybe Disk Utility's repair function will be enough. The Finder is misreporting the available space because Toast is no longer using it. I would have expected that shutting down and restarting the Mac (not just restarting) to clear this up.

As for the buffer under run that is an unusual error to see in these days of modern disc burners. I suggest trying different media because you might have a batch of defective discs. Burning at a slower speed than Best and choosing Save as Disc Image and burning the disc image using the Image File setting in the Copy window may help, too.

Archived