• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Run Time Error Creator 2009

VicV50

Question

I can edit a picture fine in Photosuite but as soon as I want to save it, it goes into Run Time error and closes the project. This is a new install of Creator 2009. I shouldn't have to do a dreaded reinstall. It should work from the get go. There has to be a better way. I've had previous versions of Roxio Creator and had all kinds of problems. Thought by now they would have their act together, but by the comments in this forum, evidently they don't.

Windows XP

Intel Pentium 4 3.2ghz

4gig ram

NVIDA 7600 GS

14 answers to this question

I finally got around to doing a clean uninstall of Roxio 2009 and it didn't cure a #$^@ thing. I've done everything that i can find to fix this problem but does no good. This program is such a piece of junk. I got so mad that I almost but my fist through the monitor. Has anyone actually had luck with Roxio 2009 installed in XP? I would really like to know. I've wasted hours and hours trying to get this thing going. No other program has gave me this much trouble since I've owned a computer. I could say more about this program but I'm sure I'd be banned from this site. :angry:

I am running Creator 2009, in XP-SP2, with no problems at all.

I can edit a picture fine in Photosuite but as soon as I want to save it, it goes into Run Time error and closes the project. This is a new install of Creator 2009. I shouldn't have to do a dreaded reinstall. It should work from the get go. There has to be a better way. I've had previous versions of Roxio Creator and had all kinds of problems. Thought by now they would have their act together, but by the comments in this forum, evidently they don't.

Windows XP

Intel Pentium 4 3.2ghz

4gig ram

NVIDA 7600 GS

Have you done any computer maintenance, since your first Roxio software?

You can confirm that you have SP2 with any Roxio program by clicking on Help – About. It is listed in the Version number.

post-39730-1231674724.jpg

I do have the SP2 version installed. I've turned off my anti-virus program and other programs but to no avail. This is getting to be very frustrating. There has to be a solution. Next thing I might try is installing Roxio on my Vista laptop. We'll see what happens then.

Ok, I did the complete uninstall, step by step, also did the hotfix install because Roxio wouldn't install. Then I was able to install Roxio. I clicked on Roxio icon and would not open. I then went to Roxio website to update 2009 software which was service pack 3. Rebooted computer. Opened Roxio. So far so good. Then went to open Photosuite to edit a photo. Edited the photo but when I saved the picture and the RunTime Error window came up and closed my project. So Rookie, have I left anything out??? BTW not nice to call people names goes to show your immaturity.

I guess you missed seeing the video card listed in the first post. It's a NVIDA 7600 GS and is updated to latest version in 9/08. I also use Pinnicle Studio 11 and have no problems with that.

No, I didn't miss it. Force of habit on the two questions.

Do you have any problems with other programs in the suite?

I'd suggest a Repair install, instead of the "clean install", but unfortunately Roxio, in their dummying down programs in the suite, also removed the Repair option, in Add/Remove Programs. :angry2:

I ripped a cd without any problems but took twice as long as windows media 11. I also saved a video project and had no problems there. I'll try other suite programs and see how they function.

I just remembered something. When I first installed the Roxio disc, the program wouldn't even open up. I went to Roxio website and downloaded an update. When i installed that , the program opened up. Was there anything more I had to do when I installed it?

I ripped a cd without any problems but took twice as long as windows media 11. I also saved a video project and had no problems there. I'll try other suite programs and see how they function.

I just remembered something. When I first installed the Roxio disc, the program wouldn't even open up. I went to Roxio website and downloaded an update. When i installed that , the program opened up. Was there anything more I had to do when I installed it?

If you installed the Program and the Content, then there is nothing else you should need to do. There are 2 updates, for the software, but the second one contains everything that the first one has, so there is no need to download both of them. I don't know that the first one is even available now. I haven't looked, lately.

I believe that you probably installed the second update.

I suggest you check to make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

If that doesn't help, I suggest a clean install.

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/conte...6CR&PARAMS=

.NET 3.5 is installed with Creator 2009.

I strongly recommend leaving it alone as it can cause trouble if poked!

I finally got around to doing a clean uninstall of Roxio 2009 and it didn't cure a #$^@ thing. I've done everything that i can find to fix this problem but does no good. This program is such a piece of junk. I got so mad that I almost but my fist through the monitor. Has anyone actually had luck with Roxio 2009 installed in XP? I would really like to know. I've wasted hours and hours trying to get this thing going. No other program has gave me this much trouble since I've owned a computer. I could say more about this program but I'm sure I'd be banned from this site. :angry:

Archived