EMC8 very slow to read data disks

jarledge

Question

I recently installed EMC8 after being a very happy Easy CD Creator 5 user for years.

Now whenever I put in a data disk and try to see the directory in Windows Explorer, Explorer freezes for a very, very long time. Like five or ten minutes. Eventually it recovers and I can read the disk.

My data disks were created with DirectCD in EMC5.

In case this helps:

DVD Burner - Lite On

OS - XP, SP2

CPU - AMD 2000+

ECDC5 recognized the DVD player perfectly, as does EMC8. I can burn CDs and DVDs. It is just very slow to get an initial directory.

Any help will be appreciated.

J

1 answer to this question

I recently installed EMC8 after being a very happy Easy CD Creator 5 user for years.

Now whenever I put in a data disk and try to see the directory in Windows Explorer, Explorer freezes for a very, very long time. Like five or ten minutes. Eventually it recovers and I can read the disk.

My data disks were created with DirectCD in EMC5.

In case this helps:

DVD Burner - Lite On

OS - XP, SP2

CPU - AMD 2000+

ECDC5 recognized the DVD player perfectly, as does EMC8. I can burn CDs and DVDs. It is just very slow to get an initial directory.

Any help will be appreciated.

J

You are darn lucky you can see that data on thos DirectCD disks, at all. Get that data onto your hard drive, and burn it to a CD usining Creator Classice. You are playing Russian Roulette by using packet writing (DirctCd) software.

Packet writing software is unrealiable at best. Do a search of the net, and you will find a multitude of horror stories from folks who used DirctCD, InCD, DLA, Drag to Disc, or any other packet writing software, to backup important data.

Archived