Roxio Program-copy Vhs To Dvd

mamac

Does anyone no if you can do copy protected vhs tapes that you own like disney, and other movies you purchased. Can you transfer them to dvd and have them play. I own alot of vhs tapes, would love to convert them to dvd. I no this program does home movies, but does it get around the encrypting. thanks for any help mamac

Does anyone no if you can do copy protected vhs tapes that you own like disney, and other movies you purchased. Can you transfer them to dvd and have them play. I own alot of vhs tapes, would love to convert them to dvd. I no this program does home movies, but does it get around the encrypting. thanks for any help mamac

No, you cannot copy protected VHS to your hard drive.

The answer is no, since that would be illegal.

The answer is no, since that would be illegal.

I thought it was not illegal to make backup copies of the movies you owned. taking one format and changing it to another format so you can still view your movies. Since I do own these movies on vhs is it still illegal. All I want to do is back them up. I sure dont want to buy them all over again on dvd. thanks for you help mamac

Interesting though it would be, getting into a discussion of the legality of copying could well occupy our whole day. :)

The important thing to know at this point is that the software has been written so that it will not copy protected VHS tapes.

Archived