• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Avchd Converting Problems With Toast 9- Please Help

fieldreportermike

Question

Hello,

I am hoping that I may be able to find information about converting "issues" with AVCHD in toast 9. I have an Panasonic HMC 150 and am using FCE4 to edit the footage. The problem is that FCE4 only can import 1080/31i, however, the camera shoots in much nicer progressive modes (1080/20p, 720/30p etc). I have purchased toast 9 to convert my progressive footage so I can use it in FCE4(sorry for the long explanation but I wanted to give a bit of background).

Here is my issue:

I shot footage in 720/30p and 1080/30p and attempted to convert the footage to Apple Intermediate Codec through toast 9 but my audio is out of sync?! It seems as though the audio track begins before the video?! I have tried to change settings but had no luck...

Here is my question(s):

Could someone please advise as to what I may be doing wrong? I would be a great help to me if someone could detail the correct(exact) settings i.e- "device", "quality" etc. I am hoping that someone has had a similar experience and found a solution.

All help would be most greatly appreciated as I am feeling very frustrated- thanks much, really.

5 answers to this question

I am having a similar problem. I have shot multiple long clips on a Panasonic HMC150 in 720P HD 24fps drop-frame TC (23.976 fps). I can play them using the Toast player without any sync problems. Also I can transcode them using a Panasonic Final Cut Pro plug-in to Apple Pro Res codec without problem. When I try to transcode them in Toast to DVCPRO HD 720p the first frame of each clip is a freeze-frame for 11 frames then it starts to play normally. The audio begins at the beginning of the clip and plays as it should although out of sync with the video by 11 frames.

I have also tried transcoding from H.264/AVC to Apple Pro Res in Toast and have the same freeze-frame sync problem.

My Convert settings are:

Quicktime

Compression: DVCPRO HD 720p60

Quality: Medium

Audio: PCM

Format: Integer (little endian)

Sample Rate: 16-bit, 48 kHz

Channels: 2 Discrete Channels

I have tried different configurations for the audio and have the same problematic results no matter whether it is PCM stereo, Mono - AAC, etc.

Thanks,

Patrick

My computer is a MacPro , 2 x 2.7 GHz Quad-Core, 10 GB ram, OS 10.5.6

You should be using Apple Intermediate Codec and Uncompressed stereo audio. Are those your current settings?

How can I change those settings? I'm having the same problem. I want to convert my AVCHD .mts files, but any file format I choose has the audio slightly off-sync after conversion.

You should be using Apple Intermediate Codec and Uncompressed stereo audio. Are those your current settings?

Hello,

Thanks for replying..My settings are as follows:

Device: Quicktime Movie

Quality: Custom

Settings: Apple Intermediate codec

Size: 1920x1080 or 1280x720

Sound: Apple Lossless at Best Quality

Rate Frequency: set to 48 khz

Is Apple Lossless, best quality at 48 khz the "uncompressed stereo audio" that you are referring to? As mentioned, the video seems to be converted correctly but the audio is out of sync...Thanks again for any tips-very frustrating as the 720/30p seems to be the best setting for my camera and I would like to be able to use the footage.

How can I change those settings? I'm having the same problem. I want to convert my AVCHD .mts files, but any file format I choose has the audio slightly off-sync after conversion.

Hello,

The settings can be changed by clicking on the little "gear shaped wheel" at the bottom/left of the Video Files pane and choosing settings accordingly. I will post any further info I can find. Please let me know if you find anything that will help us sync our audio...Good Luck!

Hello,

I am hoping that I may be able to find information about converting "issues" with AVCHD in toast 9. I have an Panasonic HMC 150 and am using FCE4 to edit the footage. The problem is that FCE4 only can import 1080/31i, however, the camera shoots in much nicer progressive modes (1080/20p, 720/30p etc). I have purchased toast 9 to convert my progressive footage so I can use it in FCE4(sorry for the long explanation but I wanted to give a bit of background).

Here is my issue:

I shot footage in 720/30p and 1080/30p and attempted to convert the footage to Apple Intermediate Codec through toast 9 but my audio is out of sync?! It seems as though the audio track begins before the video?! I have tried to change settings but had no luck...

Here is my question(s):

Could someone please advise as to what I may be doing wrong? I would be a great help to me if someone could detail the correct(exact) settings i.e- "device", "quality" etc. I am hoping that someone has had a similar experience and found a solution.

All help would be most greatly appreciated as I am feeling very frustrated- thanks much, really.

Archived