• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
riesling

Virtual Folders Are Created By Tivo Transfer To Go

Question

Problem:

Tivo Transfer created virtual folders on my hard disk into which it puts my transfers. It's hidden, but is located in my internal hard disk > Volumes, but Volumes do not show in Finder, so I can't see anything on this drive. It makes it difficult to find my transfers and my photos, because they get "put" into the virtual folder, instead into my external drive.

Data:

I started with Toast 8, but upgraded to 9. When I began using it, it created a virtual folder (it actually created 7 of them), on my laptop hard disk. I (try to) keep all my Tivo transfers and photos on my external Seagate drive. The only way I can find some of my transfers is by choosing to locate the files in Finder. I need the transfers to be on the external. The other big problem is with my photos. I use Photoshop Lightroom, and when I download them to my external drive, some sort of pointer gets set so that Lightroom thinks they are in the virtual Seagate drive (named Seagate 8). This means I have to tell Lightroom where my photos are again and again, even though they are physically on my external. ARGH.

I can't find anything on virtual drives on Apple's site or on Toast's site. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get rid of this, or at least get more data on it? Is there terminology that I'm missing that I should be using to search on?

thanks in advance!

tina

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet