Can't Completely Removing Ps5 From Vista

Descentia

My wife for many years has used Roxio PhotoSuite 5 that came with her Vivitar camera. We recently upgraded her computer to Vista, and now each time we reboot, a bubble message pops up from the tray stating:

"Driver blocked due to incompatibility"

A driver is installed that causes stability problems with your system. This driver will be disabled. Please contact the driver manufacturer for an update that is compatible with this version of Windows.

When you close that bubble, an error message comes up:

error-1.jpg

I understand that PS5 is not compatible with Vista, so I uninstalled it. But this driver error continues to come up each time she boots up, even after having completely removed PhotoSuite 5.

Is there anything more thorough I can do to remove this driver/software? (No other Roxio software is installed on the machine.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
My wife for many years has used Roxio PhotoSuite 5 that came with her Vivitar camera. We recently upgraded her computer to Vista, and now each time we reboot, a bubble message pops up from the tray stating:

"Driver blocked due to incompatibility"

A driver is installed that causes stability problems with your system. This driver will be disabled. Please contact the driver manufacturer for an update that is compatible with this version of Windows.

When you close that bubble, an error message comes up:

error-1.jpg

I understand that PS5 is not compatible with Vista, so I uninstalled it. But this driver error continues to come up each time she boots up, even after having completely removed PhotoSuite 5.

Is there anything more thorough I can do to remove this driver/software? (No other Roxio software is installed on the machine.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :unsure:

did you get an answer to your question? I have the same problem?

:huh:

• 3 months later...

Problem resolved!

Sorry for the delay in a reply, but here's what happened:

cdanteek, I downloaded and installed the "Windows Installer CleanUp Utility 32-bit version" from your signature (which is currently #10 in your list). A nice tool, but ZERO Roxio software showed up in the list. (That was a big shock.) I had to do a bit of research on quite a few of the items in the list, as their names were not very helpful with what they pertained to, but none of them had anything to do with Roxio.

********************************************************************************

Here was the solution that worked for me, which was found in the very bottom post of http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/674364.htm (the post by vvcarpio). The fix assumes you are using Windows Vista and also assumes you don't want anything to do with Roxio anywhere near your computer. I've also added just a couple details as well:

1) Open Windows Explorer

2) Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers

3) Make sure you are viewing file details (click on the "Views" arrow and choose "Details")

4) Right-click anywhere on the column headings (where it says "Name", "Date modified", "Type", "Size", etc.)

5) Click "More..." on the popup menu

6) Click to check "Company" and click OK

7) A new column will be added to Explorer's list called "Company"

8) Click on the "Company" heading to sort by the Company names.

9) Cut-and-paste (do NOT copy-and-paste) all files with Company "Roxio" to some other location

(like maybe "c:\temp" or maybe a folder you created on your desktop)

10) Reboot.

11) If the error message didn't pop up, delete the files you moved.

********************************************************************************

Thank you so much, vvcarpio. This worked like a charm!

On a side note, I also searched my entire computer and registry for anything that said "Adaptec" and deleted every single entry. If you don't know how to edit the registry, don't worry about it...you can really hose Windows that way. :ninja: Just follow the steps above. Hope this helps, and zero thanks to Roxio for the amount of help that they gave.

***EDIT***

Oh, a quick edit: the two files I removed from the c:\windows\system32\drivers folder were "Cdr4vsd.sys" & "cdralwnt.sys". This might help if you are specifically dealing with Ps5 or a Easy CD Creator error message. Good luck!

Archived