• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Create DVD and Quick DVD not loading

proper1@comcast.net

Question

I initially installed EMC 8 when I had an old copy of My DVD already installed.

Intel Pentium 4

2.40 GHz

480 MB RAM

Win XP Home SP2

Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104

IEEE 1394 port

Sony DCR-HC32 Handycam

300GB Maxtor One Touch II USB

I browsed this board (a few times now). I uninstalled EMC8 & No AdWare, then rebooted. I uninstalled MyDVD (3.0 I think), disconnected the cable modem, rebooted, and turned off virus scan. Then I reinstalled EMC8 and downloaded and installed the update. I now have EMC 8.05 Build 3.0.86B.

I opened Quick DVD, and it loaded fine... the first time. Then I opened Create DVD, it loaded, but it was an incomplete view (under Project view and See Menus the Untitled list was only partially in view and in a white box, while the rest of the screen was a gray field). Then Quick DVD didn't open again either (just goes back to the Suite Menu).

Then I tried disabling the RX Filter, no difference, so I've re-enabled it since.

By reading a lot of the posts, it seems this issues is pretty common in one form or another. It also appears that when people open it for the first time things work well, but break down when they try to go back in after closing EMC8 once.

Any ideas what to do now?

Carolyn

9 answers to this question

The video adapter is a 32MB SiS 650 compatible VGA BIOS1.10.08 which should me the requirement specs, right?

I'd have to reinstall again to see if VideoWave works.

I'm about ready to just by a DVR box and hook it up to the TV but I want this app to work, everyone says it's so great.

No way is that onboard chip going to work with any new video software. You need to update to a hardware video card. If you have an AGP slot on your motherboard, you have many choices. If you don't then you have to get a PCI video card and will have less selections. You can't put a PCIe video card in that motherboard. It is different than a PCI card, so do be confused.

You will want a video card with at least 128MB of RAM, at a minimum.

The video adapter is a 32MB SiS 650 compatible VGA BIOS1.10.08 which should me the requirement specs, right?

I'd have to reinstall again to see if VideoWave works.

I'm about ready to just by a DVR box and hook it up to the TV but I want this app to work, everyone says it's so great.

I doubt very much that that video card is able to handle any EMC 8 video functions especially if its the original installed in 2002. With 32 MB it would have real problems for any video work.

I initially installed EMC 8 when I had an old copy of My DVD already installed.

Intel Pentium 4

2.40 GHz

480 MB RAM

Win XP Home SP2

Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104

IEEE 1394 port

Sony DCR-HC32 Handycam

I browsed this board (a few times now). I uninstalled EMC8 & No AdWare, then rebooted. I uninstalled MyDVD (3.0 I think), disconnected the cable modem, rebooted, and turned off virus scan. Then I reinstalled EMC8 and downloaded and installed the update. I now have EMC 8.05 Build 3.0.86B.

I opened Quick DVD, and it loaded fine... the first time. Then I opened Create DVD, it loaded, but it was an incomplete view (under Project view and See Menus the Untitled list was only partially in view and in a white box, while the rest of the screen was a gray field). Then Quick DVD didn't open again either (just goes back to the Suite Menu).

Then I tried disabling the RX Filter, no difference, so I've re-enabled it since.

By reading a lot of the posts, it seems this issues is pretty common in one form or another. It also appears that when people open it for the first time things work well, but break down when they try to go back in after closing EMC8 once.

Any ideas what to do now?

Carolyn

You have EMC 8 with build 8.05...., not build 3.0.86b. The 3.0.86 build is some confusing number that Sonic gave the homepage.

List your computer specs, including your video card.

Where did the MyDVD that you had on your computer come from? If it is not labeled Essentials or Premium, then it is a Sonic program that has nothing in common with the MyDVD in EMC 8.05.

Not that it matters to proper1's problem, but in the numbers game, on the $10 CD's that Canada sent me, the "Home" number was:

Version 3.0.0, build 3.0.96B

and

(on Videowave I think) build 805B5B56B ENU.

Yep, it stayed alive long enough for me to record the numbers.

Might help - might not...

The MyDVD was installed on the Compaq Presario 6029US when I bought it back in 10/02- the CD doesn't say Premium or Essentials, just Sonic MyDVD 3.5 OpenDVD. I've since replace the motherboard with an Asus P4SGX-MX. The video card is original hardware (Indeo video R3.2 by Intel). You'll have to let me know how to get more specs if you need them as device manager just lists original hardware.

Intel Pentium 4

2.40 GHz

480 MB RAM

Win XP Home SP2

Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104

IEEE 1394 port

Sony DCR-HC32 Handycam

As to the build number, I just got it from the About screen in the application.

What's next?

Carolyn

The MyDVD was installed on the Compaq Presario 6029US when I bought it back in 10/02- the CD doesn't say Premium or Essentials, just Sonic MyDVD 3.5 OpenDVD. I've since replace the motherboard with an Asus P4SGX-MX. The video card is original hardware (Indeo video R3.2 by Intel). You'll have to let me know how to get more specs if you need them as device manager just lists original hardware.

Intel Pentium 4

2.40 GHz

480 MB RAM

Win XP Home SP2

Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104

IEEE 1394 port

Sony DCR-HC32 Handycam

As to the build number, I just got it from the About screen in the application.

What's next?

Carolyn

Okay, update your video drivers. I don't see them listed here. If it is an onboard video card, it may not be compatible with the software. List your video card.

Also, try to open some other program like VideoWave, and see what happens.

Archived