Destination Drive Is Too Small

willwoms

Question

When i am trying to burn a video i have edited with my dvd is says the destination is not big enough but the dvd holds 4.7gb and my movie is 4.2gb and it is set to fit to disk.On first trying it it was coming up with an encoding error but that seems to have been replaced by this one can anyone help please thanks.

5 answers to this question

Length of time is what governs, in video, not size.

What program are you using to burn, and how long, timewise, is the video?

I am using easy creator 2009 and using the my dvd section of it the video is 1hr long i keep getting an error when encoding movies aswell i have my creator set to software rendering aswell so it isnt that.

I am using easy creator 2009 and using the my dvd section of it the video is 1hr long i keep getting an error when encoding movies aswell i have my creator set to software rendering aswell so it isnt that.

I am making the assumption that you are using MyDVD (Create DVDs-Advanced) for the burning.

This may sound crazy, but change the Quality setting to High Quality (HQ), then when you burn, uncheck the burn to DVD box, and click in the box to the left of Save Disc Image. Give the file a name, and direct it to a folder on your hard drive. It is best to make a folder before you do the burning.

Once the encoding is done (hopefully), save your production, close MyDVD, open Video Copy & Convert (Copy & Convert DVD Video), click on the DVD Video Copy tab, and on the Source side, click on the dropdown arrow, click on the Browse for disc image, then browse to the .iso file you just made, in MyDVD, highlight it, click Ok, make sure you have a blank DVD, in your burner, then on the Destination side, make sure the right burner is showing, and click on Copy Now.

I have a similar problem. I am using Roxio Creator 2009. I have two videos (from TV) that are about 48 minutes each. I want to put both on a single 4.7G DVD. I created a project in MyDVD, added the two videos, edited the menu and prepared to create an .ISO file. I noticed that the slider on the bottom indicates that I have used 361MB and have 4338 MB free. How can this be? Each file was over 1G. I have tried setting the Quality to SP and to "Fit DVD", but the slider gives me the same readings. I went ahead with the .ISO with the Fit to DVD setting, then went to burn the .ISO to a DVD and received an error that the ISO is 68 MB too large for the DVD. Video files are .VOB format.

1) why is the slider not properly indicating the file size?

2) why is Creator not creating the proper size iso file?

3) How do I get it to work properly?

Thanks for any help. :huh:

I have a similar problem. I am using Roxio Creator 2009. I have two videos (from TV) that are about 48 minutes each. I want to put both on a single 4.7G DVD. I created a project in MyDVD, added the two videos, edited the menu and prepared to create an .ISO file. I noticed that the slider on the bottom indicates that I have used 361MB and have 4338 MB free. How can this be? Each file was over 1G. I have tried setting the Quality to SP and to "Fit DVD", but the slider gives me the same readings. I went ahead with the .ISO with the Fit to DVD setting, then went to burn the .ISO to a DVD and received an error that the ISO is 68 MB too large for the DVD. Video files are .VOB format.

1) why is the slider not properly indicating the file size?

2) why is Creator not creating the proper size iso file?

3) How do I get it to work properly?

Thanks for any help. :huh:

Read the post above yours. Did you try the HQ setting?

When i am trying to burn a video i have edited with my dvd is says the destination is not big enough but the dvd holds 4.7gb and my movie is 4.2gb and it is set to fit to disk.On first trying it it was coming up with an encoding error but that seems to have been replaced by this one can anyone help please thanks.

Length of time is what governs, in video, not size.

What program are you using to burn, and how long, timewise, is the video?

Archived