Background Music on Video Wave 8

I am having a terrible time trying to make a video with my still pictures. Someone from this discussion group had told me to go to Video Wave 8 (click on edit video) to add my still pictures. Which I have done now. Now I would like to add background music. First I tried to copy from a C.D. onto Video Wave 8, but that didn't work, so I had to burn the music on my hard drive, and then get it from there. Which now have done so, but my video is just over 7 minutes, and would like to extend the one song I have chosen. It only does the one song, then the rest of the video is silent. Please help, I would like to finish this video, it is my first project from Media 8.

Thank you.

I am having a terrible time trying to make a video with my still pictures. Someone from this discussion group had told me to go to Video Wave 8 (click on edit video) to add my still pictures. Which I have done now. Now I would like to add background music. First I tried to copy from a C.D. onto Video Wave 8, but that didn't work, so I had to burn the music on my hard drive, and then get it from there. Which now have done so, but my video is just over 7 minutes, and would like to extend the one song I have chosen. It only does the one song, then the rest of the video is silent. Please help, I would like to finish this video, it is my first project from Media 8.

Thank you.

I don't understand what you mean by "extend the song". If a song is "x" minutes long you cannot make it longer! You could of course add a second copy of the song right after the first or change the length of the slideshow to fit the audio. You also can't import music directly into Videowave from a CD, you should first import the music to you hard drive as you have discovered.

I don't understand what you mean by "extend the song". If a song is "x" minutes long you cannot make it longer! You could of course add a second copy of the song right after the first or change the length of the slideshow to fit the audio. You also can't import music directly into Videowave from a CD, you should first import the music to you hard drive as you have discovered.

Maybe "loop" the only background music (not sure if this is a feature--haven't checked this out yet)?

Maybe "loop" the only background music (not sure if this is a feature--haven't checked this out yet)?

Looping could take a lot of control out of your hands. If you add one music clip to the first audio track and either the same music or another to another audio track, you could make the loop seamless. In that case, that the second one starts on a repeating phrase in the first one. You just get that verse (or if memory serves -stanza) repeated an extra time or two. That's usually not a big problem when the real intent is to see the pictures and have some background music. Also remember silence may be appropriate for some images.

Thank you for your quick answer. How do I make a second copy of the same song, or if I decide to just fit the music to the slideshow, how would I do this. I am used to using Creator 6, not 8. This program is totally different. Where do I go to do the above when I am in Video Wave.

Judy

Thank you for your quick answer. How do I make a second copy of the same song, or if I decide to just fit the music to the slideshow, how would I do this. I am used to using Creator 6, not 8. This program is totally different. Where do I go to do the above when I am in Video Wave.

Judy

I think that you just confused the folks trying to help. If you have a version 6 question, post it in the Version 6 forum.

Judy

1) To add another copy of the music, make sure you are in Video Wave timeline view and make sure that at least the music track and one other audio track are showing. That second track can be sound effects, narration, etc. Drag that original track to the music track and then select it again and drag it to the other track. Now you can move that second cut to the right to line up with the end of the first track (or at some point where you want it to start. Shorten the length of the first track by selecting it and then putting your cursor to the end until you get a double ended arrow and move it to the left.

2) To adjust the slides to the music, do this

<H2 class=pNewHTMLPage>Synchronizing audio to the production </H2>You can adjust the duration of the images and video clips to match the duration of the background audio clip.

<A href=""' target=_blank><H4 class=pHeading3>To fit the audio to the video: </H4>

1. In the Storyline view, click the Fit Production to Audio button.The Fit to Audio dialog box appears, informing you what the duration of the items in the production will be if they are resized to match the duration of the audio.

2. Click OK to accept the change.<A name=wp1198694>

The video is adjusted to the audio duration

3) For loop, just add the music and in storyline view, select loop near the top of the preview window.

1) To add another copy of the music, make sure you are in Video Wave timeline view and make sure that at least the music track and one other audio track are showing. That second track can be sound effects, narration, etc. Drag that original track to the music track and then select it again and drag it to the other track. Now you can move that second cut to the right to line up with the end of the first track (or at some point where you want it to start. Shorten the length of the first track by selecting it and then putting your cursor to the end until you get a double ended arrow and move it to the left.

2) To adjust the slides to the music, do this

<H2 class=pNewHTMLPage>Synchronizing audio to the production </H2>You can adjust the duration of the images and video clips to match the duration of the background audio clip.

<A href=""' target=_blank><H4 class=pHeading3>To fit the audio to the video: </H4>

1. In the Storyline view, click the Fit Production to Audio button.The Fit to Audio dialog box appears, informing you what the duration of the items in the production will be if they are resized to match the duration of the audio.

2. Click OK to accept the change.<A name=wp1198694>

The video is adjusted to the audio duration

3) For loop, just add the music and in storyline view, select loop near the top of the preview window.

The poster is using Creator 6 so I don't know if your solution will apply. Since I have never used Creator 6 I cannot help any.

I think that you just confused the folks trying to help. If you have a version 6 question, post it in the Version 6 forum.

Sorry if I sounded confused. I was meant to say I used Verson 6 before, had no problems, now I am using Version 8, and it does not look the same. I will try a few things, then I guess I will have to calll Roxio, as this is very frustrating.

But I most likely will be back asking questions. Thank you

Judy

Archived