• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Label Creator Won't Read Jwl Files Saved From Emc10

foodco5

Question

:angry: I have used Roxio since ver 5 and have really enjoyed it. However this problem really has me surprised. It seems that any Labels created in any earlier version of Label creator (.JWL file) will not read in Creator 2009. I have written to Roxio support and they just responded that 2009 will not read earlier versions of the label files. I really don't understand this one. Ver 2009 saves labels in the jwl format as well but can't read earlier versions of its own program? I have over 100 labels that I use on a regular basis that now are useless. My only choice is to revert back to EMC10???

4 answers to this question

They broke the backward compatibility for .JWL files somewhere between EMC 10.0 and 10.1.

Label Creator in EMC10.0 is as sweet as ever, but 10.1 won't even read .JWL files from 10.0

We protested loudly, but EMC 11 [Creator 2009] came out with a confusing new name and the same faulty Label Creator as 10.1

Is it possible to keep label creator 10.0 along with 2009? Or do I just have to go back to 10.0 and junk 2009?

Is it possible to keep label creator 10.0 along with 2009? Or do I just have to go back to 10.0 and junk 2009?

I have EMC 10 and Creator 2009 on my computer. I have 1 minor problem, but it doesn't have anything to do with Label Creator.

I'd give installing EMC 10 a shot, without uninstalling Creator 2009.

:angry: I have used Roxio since ver 5 and have really enjoyed it. However this problem really has me surprised. It seems that any Labels created in any earlier version of Label creator (.JWL file) will not read in Creator 2009. I have written to Roxio support and they just responded that 2009 will not read earlier versions of the label files. I really don't understand this one. Ver 2009 saves labels in the jwl format as well but can't read earlier versions of its own program? I have over 100 labels that I use on a regular basis that now are useless. My only choice is to revert back to EMC10???

Unfortunately, that's just one of the many things that they have fouled up. :angry2:

They broke the backward compatibility for .JWL files somewhere between EMC 10.0 and 10.1.

Label Creator in EMC10.0 is as sweet as ever, but 10.1 won't even read .JWL files from 10.0

We protested loudly, but EMC 11 [Creator 2009] came out with a confusing new name and the same faulty Label Creator as 10.1

Archived