• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Connecting Equipment

Audio Newbee

Question

I'm trying to convert tapes to CD's using a laptop and need a converter to connect to the USB port from a 3.5mm headphone jack. I've been to the "Big Box" stores, to Radio Shack and to a place that specializes in cable connection, but have been told there is no such thing. All I can find is a connection that goes from the computer to the headphones, nothing that goes from the headphones to the computer. Please HELP!

5 answers to this question

I don't think the Stand Alone device will work as Audio Only with V9???

Creator 2009 and the bundle VHS to DVD both require updates to use device as an Audio Only input device…

My PC with Red Box installed doesn't have the required USB 2 so I cannot test the device with Red Box…

Other Audio programs 'should work' but no one has really reported on any…

For about $10 more there is a possible solution! That would be the Roxio Easy VHS to DVD bundle which includes the USB Capture device and 2009 Video &

Audio software. Take a look here and pay attention to required specs.

Thanks for the input. I was successful in connecting a simple cable from the headphone jack to the microphone jack on the front of the laptop and getting it to work without all the fancy stuff. Perhaps the sound isn't as good as it would otherwise be, but maybe I can improve it with good speakers and some additional work on the sound board.

Thanks for the input. I was successful in connecting a simple cable from the headphone jack to the microphone jack on the front of the laptop and getting it to work without all the fancy stuff. Perhaps the sound isn't as good as it would otherwise be, but maybe I can improve it with good speakers and some additional work on the sound board.

Play with the Mic controls in the Volume Control settings. You are probably over driving that input.

Go here for more info: http://www.the-predator.com/dell/sec7-9.html

I don't think the Stand Alone device will work as Audio Only with V9???

Creator 2009 and the bundle VHS to DVD both require updates to use device as an Audio Only input device…

My PC with Red Box installed doesn't have the required USB 2 so I cannot test the device with Red Box…

Other Audio programs 'should work' but no one has really reported on any…

For about $10 more there is a possible solution! That would be the Roxio Easy VHS to DVD bundle which includes the USB Capture device and 2009 Video &

Audio software. Take a look here and pay attention to required specs.

Archived