• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Do I Need Help

Maryann

Question

9 answers to this question

I have easy cd & dvd burning. I can burn pictures on a cd and it works okay. However, when I try to burn my pictures on a DVD-R it does not accept it. I can't even get it to load. What am I not doing???? :(

Get what to load? What version do you have? Is it the Red box version (VISTA compatible)? Some information please :rolleyes:

Maryann,

Can you tell us what the model number of your burner drive is please?

If you don't know it already, you can find it by looking in the Windows Device Manager.

-Right-click on "My Computer", select "Properties"

-select the "Hardware" tab in the box which appears, then "Device Manager"

-a list of devices should be shown. Click the little plus sign [+] alongside the item DVD/CD-ROM drives

-the item should expand to show you the identifier(s) of your drive(s) like this under the DVD/CD-ROM drives heading

post-208-1231715067.jpg

What does it show for your burner drive, please ?

I can't find any references anywhere to a CD-RW CRY32022, but the 'CD-RW' would make me think that you don't have a DVD burner - just a CD one

Nothing will ever make that burn a DVD - you need a DVD writer

I took a guess here and looked for Sony CRX CRX320 - that is a CD-RW and DVD-ROM. That means it can read DVDs but not write them

Brenden,

Thank you for replying. I am very computer illiterate. I did what you said and this is what it shows.

Sony CD-RW CRY32022. I just got back from buying DVD+R because I was using DVD-R. I still cannot get it to work.

Double check that model #. You say its a CD-RW and you are using DVD's, something not right here.

Hi gi7omy,

Thank you so much! I thought that if I could burn a cd on the computer I could also burn a DVD. Thank you for clearing this matter up for me. I have been trying to figure this out for the past 3 days. Looks like I need to invest in a DVD writer. Again thank you all for answering my post and have a great week!

Double check that model #. You say its a CD-RW and you are using DVD's, something not right here.

I doubled checked it and that's what it says.

Hi Maryann,

Yes it's very confusing

A CD-ROM is a CD READER

A CD-RW is a CD Reader/writer

A Combo drive reads and writes CDs, but only reads DVDs

A DVD-ROM will only play/read DVDs and CDs

A DVD writer will play/read/write DVDs and CDs

Sisterscape had it nailed from the start :)

Thanks everyone. I have learned a lot from this forum. Here I was thinking that if I could burn a cd that I was also able to burn a dvd. My computer was built for me so I just thought it was in there. Again thanks to all who had figured out my problem. God Bless!

Archived