• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

rpatters1

Toast 8.0.4 Burn Status Screen Goes Blank

Question

Up until very recently I was using Toast 8.0.4 without issues. But today when I went to use it again, I am having some display issues. When I click the "record" button, after inserting the blank disc and waiting for the drive to recognize it, Toast (as always) shrinks the window down to a much smaller status window that is supposed to show the time taken and remaining for the burn. However, in my case the status shows briefly then the window turns blank.

I am having a similar problem with the "About Toast" dialog box. It displays as completely blank.

The only thing I can think of that might be affecting this is that since the last time I used Toast I believe I accepted the Apple Software Update push of Leopard 10.5.6. Has anyone else seen this symptom that has a better explanation? And even better, a solution?

Thanks

11 answers to this question

It could be related to the 10.5.6 update because some users in the Toast 9 forum report different issues. Yours is the first post I've read with this problem. I suggest trashing the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder and relaunching Toast to see if that helps.

It could be related to the 10.5.6 update because some users in the Toast 9 forum report different issues. Yours is the first post I've read with this problem. I suggest trashing the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder and relaunching Toast to see if that helps.

Deleting the prefs appears to make no difference. I have no need to burn a disc yet, but the About dlg is still blank after deleting the prefs.

Deleting the prefs appears to make no difference. I have no need to burn a disc yet, but the About dlg is still blank after deleting the prefs.

My guess is this is another issue that surfaced with 10.5.6. Roxio has placed the Toast 8 forum in the Legacy formats category so I'm sensing they don't plan to issue any further updates to keep it usable with current OS versions.

If you really need this issue resolved then my suggestion is to install OS 10.5.5 on an external hard drive and boot from that drive when you need to use Toast. Or hope that Roxio can convince Apple to fix the conflict with a future OS update.

My guess is this is another issue that surfaced with 10.5.6. Roxio has placed the Toast 8 forum in the Legacy formats category so I'm sensing they don't plan to issue any further updates to keep it usable with current OS versions.

I was wrong. Roxio is planning a Toast 8 update to fix a problem when used with the new MacBook and MacBook Pro's. Here's Patatrox's post

I was wrong. Roxio is planning a Toast 8 update to fix a problem when used with the new MacBook and MacBook Pro's. Here's Patatrox's post

This is ridiculous. I've had this same issue twice now, once when I had Tiger installed, and now on Leopard. They need to ditch this inflated visual garbage and just give me a reliable progress bar if they can't keep it working. Why do they need all this on the "About" dialogue anyway? Static text is fine for a simple info page. Feature Creep at its worst. It's nice that they're attempting to put the fancy CoreImage effects to use, but if they can't keep it working then they need to ditch it. Ugh.

Hi, I´m Yuri and this is my first post.

I´m having exactly the same display issues: a blank screen when Toast is burning a CD (instead of the status bar) and with the "About Toast" dialog box. It displays as completely blank.

I too think is a Lepoard 10.5.6 problem, because I have just made the upgrade two days ago, and since then the problem exists. No problems earlier with OS 10.5.5.

Hope Roxio could fix it.

Up until very recently I was using Toast 8.0.4 without issues. But today when I went to use it again, I am having some display issues. When I click the "record" button, after inserting the blank disc and waiting for the drive to recognize it, Toast (as always) shrinks the window down to a much smaller status window that is supposed to show the time taken and remaining for the burn. However, in my case the status shows briefly then the window turns blank.

I am having a similar problem with the "About Toast" dialog box. It displays as completely blank.

The only thing I can think of that might be affecting this is that since the last time I used Toast I believe I accepted the Apple Software Update push of Leopard 10.5.6. Has anyone else seen this symptom that has a better explanation? And even better, a solution?

Thanks

I am having the same problem with toast 8.0.5 with OS X 10.5.6 on a Dual quad core X2.8 GHz machine with 6 GB memory. The screens used to work until last week.... The same problem persists even after update from 8.0 to 8.0.5, as well as removing the plist.

DARN!!! Roxio can you please fix this bug!

Sorry, this does not help!

I am having the same problem with toast 8.0.5 with OS X 10.5.6 on a Dual quad core X2.8 GHz machine with 6 GB memory. The screens used to work until last week.... The same problem persists even after update from 8.0 to 8.0.5, as well as removing the plist.

Are you using any kind of font manager on your Mac? If so try enabling all the Apple-furnished fonts.

This subject looks old but I just upgraded to a new Mac Pro (Nehalem) running Leopard 10.5.8 and am getting this same problem...any fixes ever established for this? (Toast 8.05)

This subject looks old but I just upgraded to a new Mac Pro (Nehalem) running Leopard 10.5.8 and am getting this same problem...any fixes ever established for this? (Toast 8.05)

UPDATE: For whatever reason, when I opened Toast up on my second monitor screen (the one that doesn't show menu bars) and the 'burn' window is fine! Going back to main screen (when opening Toast and starting a burn) duplicates blank window problem. This has to be done at time of opening and first job in a Toast session. So if you have two displays that's one work around and hopefully a clue for Roxio as to what is wrong?

Same problem with 8.05, blank "about" dialog and burn progress. This is with Leopard 10.5.8. Discovered that if I turn on "mirroring" in the display prefs, that the Toast prefs window works fine (haven't tried the burn progress window). And I can even have that dialog window open and turn off mirroring, and the dialog still works. So one kind of workaround. Another thing to be aware of is that even though you don't see burn progress, Toast 8.05 still DOES work.