• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cannot Launch Emc7 On Acer Aspire One

markus912

Question

Hello!

I'm from Russia, so sorry for my English.

I haven't found topics dedicated to Easy Media Creator 7, so I created topic here...

I've got Roxio Easy Media Creator 7. And I've got netbook Acer Aspire One. Installation was OK, but when I try to launch application, I've got a message: to launch this application I have to have screen resolution 1024*768 or more. Aspire One has 1024*600 resolution.

How to launch?

11 answers to this question

VideoWave will not work at lower resolutions - and probably won't work if you have Vista or IE7 and Media Player 11

I have both IE7 and Media player 11 and my videowave works fine. Media Creator 7

Home Brew computer; AMD 64bit 2.8 processor

3 gig ram, Win XP Pro SP3, on board MSI Radion Express 200 series video.

Lynn402

That Aspire One has WinXP Home SP3, IE6, WMP9 and won't be used for video editing. ;)

Thanks for the info and thanks for the link.

Glad you got it working. :)

Hello!

I'm from Russia, so sorry for my English.

I haven't found topics dedicated to Easy Media Creator 7, so I created topic here...

I've got Roxio Easy Media Creator 7. And I've got netbook Acer Aspire One. Installation was OK, but when I try to launch application, I've got a message: to launch this application I have to have screen resolution 1024*768 or more. Aspire One has 1024*600 resolution.

How to launch?

EMC 7 will not work with Vista OX

EMC 7 may not be able to run with XP if Internet Explorer 7 and /or Windows Media Player 11 are installed.

I doubt that you will be able to do any video work with that computer but you may be able to do some audio IF you can get a higher resolution.

What do you want to do with the Roxio program?

Problem Fixed! :)

Downloaded a1ctl v0.4. It can switch screen resolution on Acer up to 1024*768. This resolution may be dowhscaled to 1024*600 (and everything is flat) or you have to scroll up and down.

So I switch to 1024*768, run EMC7 (it runs fine), switch back to 1024*600 - and EMC still works fine. ;)

What for they set such a check?..

a1clt may be found here: http://nodadev.wordpress.com/pc-projects/a1ctl/

And thank you for reply, Steve! :)

VideoWave will not work at lower resolutions - and probably won't work if you have Vista or IE7 and Media Player 11

That Aspire One is what I got the college student in my family for the spring semester.

It has WinXP but I don't remember if it has IE7 or not.

It's mostly for internet surfing and word processing. I don't think that it's going to be much good for video work.

Archived