• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

From Tivo To Toast To Streamer

stosh

Question

so i've figured out how to get my tivo recordings off the tivo into toast, compress for streamer, and then toast dumps it into an output file. Any thoughts of how to automate getting the files into streamer?

I looked into applescript, but streamer isn't applescript-able. Tried a basic automator record function, but that didn't work. Even tried a folder action (when new files are added to the output file, but with streamer not applescript friendly I didn't get any further).

Any other ideas out there. I'd like to set tivo up to auto transfer shows to streamer when I'm on the road without any human interaction.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

In Preferences -> Audio & Video, change Default for Automatic TiVo Exports to Streamer. You should be set.

Just to add to that:

1) In TiVo Transfer, make sure you have auto-transfers setup for your favorite shows

2) In TiVo Transfer Preferences, make sure you have the option to export to Toast enabled after a transfer is complete

3) In Toast Preferences --> Audio and Video, click the change button at the button for Default for Automatic TiVo Exports to the Streamer option and accept this change and close preferences.

Now, any files that are transferred or auto-transferred by TiVo Transfer should be converted by Toast and automatically added to your Streamer library.

Archived