• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Protected/no Signal

feetracy

Question

I bought Creator 2009 Special Edition last night. It captured video just fine when I first installed it but not audio. I installed the SP2 and it now captures audio but.....

The audio sometimes has a lot of static. Also, when capturing video from my RCA Pro 8 camcorder (analog) the software now will start the capture and then at random places the status changes to "Protected Signal" and a message box asks if I want to save the video. I have rebooted several times and it doesn't fix the problem I have also changed which usb port I am using. This issue is getting to be very irritating considering this software is supposed to be so easy to use.

Any suggestions?

7 answers to this question

The connections & wires between the source and all the way to your PC must be good and tight or noise will be generated. Check it over very carefully.

Your camcorder problem sounds like pauses in the tape.

The software is easy to use – try some of the other ones out there!

The connections are tight and there are no pauses in the tape. It justs stops capturing after about 2 seconds and says Signal Protected. The camcorder tape is still playing just fine when this happens.

Any other suggestions?

Pipe it through a VCR…

Camcorder connected to VCR, connected to USB Capture Device, connected to PC.

The VCR acting as a pass through may provide a stronger stable signal. (wanted to try this but haven't had time!)

It is possible the USB Device is faulty… Don't let too much time pass on this if you need to exchange it.

Pipe it through a VCR…

Camcorder connected to VCR, connected to USB Capture Device, connected to PC.

The VCR acting as a pass through may provide a stronger stable signal. (wanted to try this but haven't had time!)

It is possible the USB Device is faulty… Don't let too much time pass on this if you need to exchange it.

I have tried going through the VCR and when I do that it doesn't work either. It just says no signal and won't play or let me capture through the software.

Was there a bad batch of the USB devices? I have seen your answer of "...it it possible the USB Device is faulty..." several times. Where can I get a replacement one?

I have tried going through the VCR and when I do that it doesn't work either. It just says no signal and won't play or let me capture through the software.

Was there a bad batch of the USB devices? I have seen your answer of "...it it possible the USB Device is faulty..." several times. Where can I get a replacement one?

I am a user, like yourself…

I throw that out, bad hardware, because when someone says they tried everything, what is left???

Take it back to the store for an exchange.

I have an RCA Pro 8 too and am seeing the same problem. I get the same result trying to capture with a Pinnacle converter.

The RCA camera must output a weak signal. I've cleaned the head. I also have good cables and connections. The image looks OK on my TV, but converter systems are taking something in the video signal as the copyright-protection flicker.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to boost the signal quality?

I have an RCA Pro 8 too and am seeing the same problem. I get the same result trying to capture with a Pinnacle converter.

The RCA camera must output a weak signal. I've cleaned the head. I also have good cables and connections. The image looks OK on my TV, but converter systems are taking something in the video signal as the copyright-protection flicker.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to boost the signal quality?

If you have a dvd recorder independent of your pc, consider reading this as a last resort solution.