• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Instability Of Window Caused By Roxio Direct Cd

polanic2

When I start my computer which has a Window XP Professional installed, I get a warning the "Direct CD will cause windows to become unstable." Windows has prevented the driver from loading. Contact Roxio. I went to Roxio and in my account I found that I have Suite OEM Roxio Easy Media Creator EDIT REMOVED KEY and Roxio Creatir EDIT REMOVED KEY registered on my system and no Roxio Direct CD. My system came with this soft ware on a Sony Vaio in 2004. What can I do?

The way I aquired that warning notice was to attempt to use an old DirectCD disc, and all that was visible was the indication I should load those drivers.

The way I got rid of it was in add/remove, taking out the listing for Adaptec (DirectCD is VERY old).

As to the disc - I didn't know about recovery programs then, and I assume it was a gonner.

Lynn

When I start my computer which has a Window XP Professional installed, I get a warning the "Direct CD will cause windows to become unstable." Windows has prevented the driver from loading. Contact Roxio. I went to Roxio and in my account I found that I have Suite OEM Roxio Easy Media Creator EDIT REMOVED KEY and Roxio Creatir EDIT REMOVED KEY registered on my system and no Roxio Direct CD. My system came with this soft ware on a Sony Vaio in 2004. What can I do?

Go into the Control Panel,Add/Remove Programs and look for anything Roxio,Sonic,DirectCd.Adaptec and remove it.

Archived