• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can Not Register Toast 10

cpto

Question

I received a CD from Roxio with an identical serial key both on the disk and on the package.

But -- when I try to enter the code, a couple of screens later I get the message "Registration failed due to an unknown error." Not very helpful.

Has anyone had this problem and if so, how did you resolve it?

Thx.

Rick

6 answers to this question

I had the same problem and received the same error message. I did receive a registration confirmation e-mail though.

A bigger problem is the application crashing when I try to open a Toast file created in Toast-9 when it has to search for a file. I have filed a customer tech support request on that issue. I'll post that in another thread. :(

We believe the registration error you receive is something we can fix on the server side and will not require an update to Toast, you should still receive the registration confirmation e-mail however which should assure you that registration did complete.

I downloaded Toast 10 (the first download didn't work, but a subsequent URL (sent via an additional email) worked fine) and that installed A-OK. However, one of the accompanying pieces of software (SonicFire Pro) would not accept the serial number that was provided by Roxio in either email.

I'm at a loss on how to install and activate SonicFire Pro.

Any thoughts - especially from the Roxio guy?

Thanks

Jim Taylor

I had the same problem and received the same error message. I did receive a registration confirmation e-mail though.

A bigger problem is the application crashing when I try to open a Toast file created in Toast-9 when it has to search for a file. I have filed a customer tech support request on that issue. I'll post that in another thread. :(

I have a bit different problem with the registration: After I entered the CD-Key (XX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX), the "Continue" button was not activated... :angry2: If that doesn´t happen, there is no way to continue the installation. Can anybody help plz !

Archived