• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd And A Dvd Camcorder

kevin9877

Question

I am trying to use Easy Media Creator 8 to create a DVD using my DVD camcorder's discs. What is the best way to handle the video when it is already burned onto a disc using my Camcorder? I tried using MyDVD. I add a new movie from the menu, I pick my DVD disc and then it says import from VOB. It then places a box on the menu with the first frame from each movie. When I try to edit chapters, it says on-disc movie cannot be edited. Do I need to capture the video from my on-disc movie to mpg before I can place it in MyDVD and edit it?

Thanks

6 answers to this question

I tried changing view to view hidden files in Windows Vista and copied the DVD vob files to my harddrive using DVD shrink. When I tried to add them to Mydvd, only the first minute of video would play. I guess I'll wait for a copy of Mydvd 9.

Thanks anyways.

I changed the file extension from .vob to .mpg and then only the first minute of video would play and it was choppy at that.

I did try importing the Video from my mini DVD Disc to Mpeg using Roxio media import but the file size went from 500mb to 24mb so I assume some compressing of the file occured as well as degradation of the video.

So I need version 9 to edit it using mydvd. Thanks

Ok, so I need version 9 of the Roxio software. Thanks

I did try importing the Video from my mini DVD Disc to Mpeg using Roxio media import but the file size went from 500mb to 24mb so I assume some compressing of the file occured as well as degradation of the video.

Check your settings something isn't right!

So I need version 9 to edit it using mydvd. Thanks

Ok, so I need version 9 of the Roxio software. Thanks

Roxio Easy Media Creator Version 9 came out in September 2006. Roxio Easy Media Creator Version 10 September 2007, Roxio Creator 2009 September 2008, the current version.

V9 was the first version to work with vob's. There are/were work arounds, capture/import. Copying the DVD to the hard drive and re-naming the vob's to mpeg, didn't work for all.

Try the work around in this post, if it don't work come back and let us know..

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...st&p=248960

cd

I tried changing view to view hidden files in Windows Vista and copied the DVD vob files to my harddrive using DVD shrink. When I tried to add them to Mydvd, only the first minute of video would play. I guess I'll wait for a copy of Mydvd 9.

Thanks anyways.

Archived