• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 2009

outerbank

Question

Just downloaded Creator 2009 and just finished creating a slide show with an audio track. Both worked fine. However, the design and number of transition sytles offered with the software leaves much to be desired. I moved from MyDVD 5.2, which had limited capability in terms of the number of images that could be imported to a slide show and only one audio track could be imported. However, the software had more and better designed styles to select from. I also have not been able to determine if an opening page or menu can be created prior to opening the first slide. It was possible to type in a title of the slide show in the menu. The menu or opening page was called a Style menu. It also accomodated what was described as "Buttons". These were what I would call chapter buttons. One could also type in a description of the chapter. I have yet to find anything even similar to this within Creator 2009.

I'm also disappointed in how one retrieves a saved file. It would seem more logical after opening the slide show feature that it would be possible to merely click on File, which would open up a list showing either New or Existing. Clicking on Existing would open up previously saved files. It's not that simple with Creator 2009. I am either doing the file open sequence incorrectly, or this software just doesn't do it that easily.

Still looking for the ideal or at least better slide show software program.

8 answers to this question

Just downloaded Creator 2009 and just finished creating a slide show with an audio track. Both worked fine. However, the design and number of transition sytles offered with the software leaves much to be desired. I moved from MyDVD 5.2, which had limited capability in terms of the number of images that could be imported to a slide show and only one audio track could be imported. However, the software had more and better designed styles to select from. I also have not been able to determine if an opening page or menu can be created prior to opening the first slide. It was possible to type in a title of the slide show in the menu. The menu or opening page was called a Style menu. It also accomodated what was described as "Buttons". These were what I would call chapter buttons. One could also type in a description of the chapter. I have yet to find anything even similar to this within Creator 2009.

I'm also disappointed in how one retrieves a saved file. It would seem more logical after opening the slide show feature that it would be possible to merely click on File, which would open up a list showing either New or Existing. Clicking on Existing would open up previously saved files. It's not that simple with Creator 2009. I am either doing the file open sequence incorrectly, or this software just doesn't do it that easily.

I don't know what you are doing, but it must be something wrong. You may have a faulty installation.

First, I don't remember how many transtion styles there are, but I believe it is over 300!

And, if you save a production, you can click on File, and click on the production you just made, without having to browse for it.

And yes, you can type in a name for a chapter. You need to do some reading of the tutorials, and the Tips and Tricks forums, in this forum.

Selecting File will show a list of the 4 previous projects you worked on. If it doesn't for you then you may have a faulty install which might explain some of the other problems you mentioned.

BTW you should be creating your slideshow using Videowave and not in myDVD. myDVD is for creating the menus and burning. VW is for assembling the slideshow, adding effects,audio, etc.

I recognize that I am a novice to the use of the three Roxio programs within Creator 2009, but I am finding that creating a slideshow shouldn't be this difficult. By the way, I have spent several hours over the past two days reviewing the tutorial, which is a joke, and studying various how tos in the Help section (not very lucid either). I guess that's why the Roxio discussion forum contains so many questions.

In any event, one of the respondents to my previous posting explained that VideoWave is used to create a slideshow, and MYDVD is used to add menus and for burning. Well, I did put together the slide show in VideoWave; sent it to MYDVD, added a menu style, but when I select Preview in MYDVD all that happens is that the menu style plays but does not go on to play the slideshow. Working in VideoWave, the slide show plays, but doesn't have a menu style. Again, I may be a novice to this software, but could someone please explain to me why it's necessary to use two different software programs to create a simple slideshow. Moreover, what's the purpose of opening the Creator 2009 software, especially since it includes a button on the opening screen that is..."Create A Slide Show", but again a respondent on the forum stated that Creator 2009 should not be used to create a slideshow. What's a sane person to do?

I am about ready to give up on this software. It was considerably easier to create a slide show in my previous Sonic software, including incoporating a menu style.

You could make a slide show using on of the Slide Show Assistants but they do not give you all the functions that are in Video Wave. There are quite a few including overlays (PIP) , multi-music slide show with fade in and out, the ability to control zoom in/ot of an image, the use of both video and images in one slide show, and full control over text just to name a few.

Same thing for my DVD It gives you extras that are not available in My DVD Express.

I'm not sure what you are doing that won't pay. In Video Wave, I'm sure you saved the project as a file and then closed Video Wave. You opened My DVD, selected your menu (there are many options) and edited it. You added the Video Wave file(s) that you made. Is that correct? What happened when you went to preview? Another windows should have opened showing the menu and when you clciked on the movie name, it should have played.

When you opened MyDVD and added the Video Wave file, did you select add movie? Sometimes people select add slide show because, logically that is what they think they are doing. In this case the Video Wave file is the movie.

Post back if this helped or if you are still having problems. karri has some excellent videos on the use of Video Wave.

I recognize that I am a novice to the use of the three Roxio programs within Creator 2009, but I am finding that creating a slideshow shouldn't be this difficult. By the way, I have spent several hours over the past two days reviewing the tutorial, which is a joke, and studying various how tos in the Help section (not very lucid either). I guess that's why the Roxio discussion forum contains so many questions.

In any event, one of the respondents to my previous posting explained that VideoWave is used to create a slideshow, and MYDVD is used to add menus and for burning. Well, I did put together the slide show in VideoWave; sent it to MYDVD, added a menu style, but when I select Preview in MYDVD all that happens is that the menu style plays but does not go on to play the slideshow. Working in VideoWave, the slide show plays, but doesn't have a menu style. Again, I may be a novice to this software, but could someone please explain to me why it's necessary to use two different software programs to create a simple slideshow. Moreover, what's the purpose of opening the Creator 2009 software, especially since it includes a button on the opening screen that is..."Create A Slide Show", but again a respondent on the forum stated that Creator 2009 should not be used to create a slideshow. What's a sane person to do?

I am about ready to give up on this software. It was considerably easier to create a slide show in my previous Sonic software, including incoporating a menu style.

When you are in the Preview mode, click on the play arrow! It's not really as hard as you are making it to be. :blink:

Archived