New Dvd-rw While Capturing

lemmer100

Question

Product: VHStoDVD

I started capturing a home video recording. When the capture process reached 4.7 GB, capturing stopped. I was unable to eject the DVD and replace it with a double-layer DVD. Since this is real time capturing, I lost the hour and fifteen minutes it took to find out my DVD was too small.

Is there a way to stop the capturing process, retain the captured information and replace the DVD-R?

1 answer to this question

Product: VHStoDVD

I started capturing a home video recording. When the capture process reached 4.7 GB, capturing stopped. I was unable to eject the DVD and replace it with a double-layer DVD. Since this is real time capturing, I lost the hour and fifteen minutes it took to find out my DVD was too small.

Is there a way to stop the capturing process, retain the captured information and replace the DVD-R?

A capture direct to DVD (Plug & burn) cannot be interupted once started. You have to decide before you start how much in time you want to capture to DVD if you want to use Plug&Burn. A much better method is to capture to hard drive first to find out exactly how much video there is.

BTW, a standard 4.7GB DVD will only hold 60 minutes of best quality video , a DL DVD will hold a lettle less the 2 hours. You can get more video on a DVD but at reduced quality

Archived