Raging & Ranting

bbubba

Question

After phoning Roxio, asking exactly what I wanted this software to do, and having it explained to me exactly, that I could burn any of my home movies to DVD, which it does not, I AM PI$$ED! I think therfore I will take my home movies to WALMART and pay the to put the on DVD. This easy CD and DVD Burning (red box) AND ROXIO are a crock of crap. The only reason they put this kind of crap out for sale is simply because me or any other individual can not afford to take these schmucks to court.

5 answers to this question

Your post did not really apply to the thread you put it in so it was moved…

You didn't supply a lot of info and give no indication as to why the software doesn't do what you need???

We know a lot of work arounds and would be willing to help if you would explain your situation.

Everyone has the same problem.

The copyright protection is so fine tuned that it picks up faults in tapes as copyright infringement and stops the copying.

Your post did not really apply to the thread you put it in so it was moved…

You didn't supply a lot of info and give no indication as to why the software doesn't do what you need???

We know a lot of work arounds and would be willing to help if you would explain your situation.

I

'm having the same problems. It just wont work. I'm glad I didnt pay to phone, you saved me that.

Mine fails when its recording. If there is any fault in the tape and 19 year old tapes have lots, then it halts it as a copyright error. It eats that disk and you have to start over. I bet to do a single family tape I'd have to use a dozen dvds at least. And babysit it every second.

This software is crap. If I go for a refund, I'll have to eat the shipping which is 1/3 the price of the sale.

AND OBVIOUSLY FROM THE POSTS THEY KNEW ALL ALONG THIS IS A COMMON ERROR THEY BUILT IN!!!!

This is what class action law suits are all about.

After phoning Roxio, asking exactly what I wanted this software to do, and having it explained to me exactly, that I could burn any of my home movies to DVD, which it does not, I AM PI$$ED! I think therfore I will take my home movies to WALMART and pay the to put the on DVD. This easy CD and DVD Burning (red box) AND ROXIO are a crock of crap. The only reason they put this kind of crap out for sale is simply because me or any other individual can not afford to take these schmucks to court.

There is no 'common error' built in - you got a cut down version of EMC9 at a cut-down price. Sure it won't do everything the full version does, but then you didn't buy the full version.

As for the errors - there's a very old saying in computer circles that pre-dates CDs and even 3.5" floppies - GIGO

Garbage IN = Garbage OUT

Your output can only be the same as what you feed in - nothing will make it better (except maybe a Hollywood special effects department)

The 'copyright' errors are caused by your VCR btw - there is a circuit built into those to do that - all your computer is doing is acting on a signal sent by the VCR and it's not doing it on its own

<snip>

It eats that disk and you have to start over. I bet to do a single family tape I'd have to use a dozen dvds at least.

<snip>

If you used a RW disc, and erased it after the error, you woulnd't have to go thru a dozen R discs.

That's what RW media is for.

Lynn

Archived