• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Poor Quality Dvd Menus After Burning To Dvd+r Dl

ShauneP82

Question

I have had some difficulty with DVD menus after they have been burned. I use MyDVD in Roxio 10 to setup my DVD movie. I make sure that software is properly setup to create a movie on an 8.5 GB DVD+r DL. I burn the file to an iso image.

I then open Video Copy & Convert to burn the iso files to a DVD+R DL.

When I open my finished product the menu is very choppy and the scene selection highlighters are not properly aligned. I have tried several different menu style choices the result is always the same.

Am I doing something wrong? The movie files are rather large and take up a lot of disc space. That is why I am using DVD+R DL. Could that be the problem?

Any help will be appreciated.

7 answers to this question

One of the discs is just under 3 hours. This is on a Dual Layer disc. Should that not hold up to 4 hours of video? I selected the fit to disc quality. However, our videos look great. It is just the menu that is poor in quality. The DVD making software said that all the files would fit.

So I am confused to why my huge video files look good but not the menu.

No - a single layer disc holds about one hour at good quality - a dual layer (which is actually slightly smaller than two single layers) holds just under two hours at good quality

Increase the duration and wuality drops off - it's swings and roundabouts

Did you try making an image file first to the hard drive? - if you did, you can check that out by loading it into a virtual drive. This also puts less strain on resources as the computer can concentrate on rendering with the burn being separate instead of trying both together

One of the discs is just under 3 hours. This is on a Dual Layer disc. Should that not hold up to 4 hours of video? I selected the fit to disc quality. However, our videos look great. It is just the menu that is poor in quality. The DVD making software said that all the files would fit.

So I am confused to why my huge video files look good but not the menu.

In MyDVD, change the Quality setting to High Quality (HQ), then click on Burn. Uncheck the burn to disc option, and check the burn to Folder Set option.

Give the file a name, and direct it to a location in a folder on your hard drive. I make a folder, on my hard drive, before I do this.

Once it is done encoding, save your MyDVD file, close MyDVD, open Video Copy and Convert. Click on the DVD Copy tab, then on the dropdown arrow, by the Source, and click on Browse for Disc Image...

Browse to the Folder Set you just made, and click on the Video_TS folder, and when you see your production in the DVD View, click on it, then click on OK.

Make sure that you have a DL disc in your burner, and click on Copy Now.

Hopefully, this will make your menu look better.

In MyDVD, change the Quality setting to High Quality (HQ), then click on Burn. Uncheck the burn to disc option, and check the burn to Folder Set option.

Give the file a name, and direct it to a location in a folder on your hard drive. I make a folder, on my hard drive, before I do this.

Once it is done encoding, save your MyDVD file, close MyDVD, open Video Copy and Convert. Click on the DVD Copy tab, then on the dropdown arrow, by the Source, and click on Browse for Disc Image...

Browse to the Folder Set you just made, and click on the Video_TS folder, and when you see your production in the DVD View, click on it, then click on OK.

Make sure that you have a DL disc in your burner, and click on Copy Now.

Hopefully, this will make your menu look better.

Grandpabruce,

This is the burning process that I have already used. However, I cannot set the quality at HQ. The software says that the files would surpass 8.5 GB capacity.

Grandpabruce,

This is the burning process that I have already used. However, I cannot set the quality at HQ. The software says that the files would surpass 8.5 GB capacity.

Ignore that warning since you are not burning directly to DVD at this point. VCC wil transcode the video to fit on the DVD. VCC does a much better job the using "Fit-to-disc"

Archived