Mp3 To Audio Conversions

ajddhg

Question

I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction on converting MP3 to standard cd audio. I'm running XP and RecordNow version 6.5 that came with my Dell (OEM). Both XP and RecordNow have all of the updates applied.

I've tried using the "Audio CD for Car or Home CD Player" option under RecordNow to convert MPE files to CD format. It does seem to work in that the files appear as tracks/CD Audio if you query the disc via My Computer and plays fines with Windows Media Player.

The problem is that my stereo CD player doesn't seem to recognize the CD disc. It just skips over the CD to the next one (I have a Kenwood 5 CD player).

I'm far from an audio expert -- Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Al

3 answers to this question

I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction on converting MP3 to standard cd audio. I'm running XP and RecordNow version 6.5 that came with my Dell (OEM). Both XP and RecordNow have all of the updates applied.

I've tried using the "Audio CD for Car or Home CD Player" option under RecordNow to convert MPE files to CD format. It does seem to work in that the files appear as tracks/CD Audio if you query the disc via My Computer and plays fines with Windows Media Player.

The problem is that my stereo CD player doesn't seem to recognize the CD disc. It just skips over the CD to the next one (I have a Kenwood 5 CD player).

I'm far from an audio expert -- Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Al

It's very possible that your player simply doesn't like CD-R discs, or at least the brand/batch you have. Also, make sure that you're using CD-R, not CD-RW (erasable) discs. You can also try selecting a slower speed when writing your discs, which may or may not help.

Go out and buy some other brands of discs and see if your player likes a different brand. Verbatim discs have a good reputation for playing in many players. Or Taiyo Yuden if you can find them. Memorex has had one of the worst reputations for CD-R discs.

Hope that helps!

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Turns out that it was your point about the re-writable CD that hit the problem on the head. I didn't realize that you couldn't use re-writables for Audio CD's.

Works like a charm now.

Thanks again,

Allan

Archived