• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

rrgunn27

How To Capture Record Audio

Question

I have Creator 2009. It installed and seems towork fine. I've made CDs, etc.

Now, I'm trying to record a concert of internet. It plays fine but when I open Roxio EZ Capture, it doesn't seem to be "hearing" the music which is playing fine from my speakers. The record levels don't move no matter how I try to adjust.

Suggestions?

Thanks

6 answers to this question

Some audio cards or chipsets simply don't have this feature. Look for 'stereo mix' or 'what you hear' for recording input.

Some audio cards or chipsets simply don't have this feature. Look for 'stereo mix' or 'what you hear' for recording input.

Thanks. I know this shows my ignorance, but where do I look for "stereo mix" or "what you hear" fro recording - Creator, Control Panel?

The sound card is, I think, RealTEk HD - may be built in to motherboard. Here again, I don't have a real detailed spec sheet but the machine is brand new.

If its a matter of the sound card, I guess I could buy an add-on but what if it's the chipset? If that's the problem, that would have been a deal breaker when I bought this thing...

Again, thanks!

First thing needed to be known is what OS are you using,XP or Vista?

Like Gary said it could just be that the chip on your motherboard won't give the needed inputs to the program.

If it's XP you should have all the input choices.In Easy Audio Capture the Capture From box should be set to your RealTek.Now look at the dropdown for the Input box.Try every choice you get there and see if any work.If not you're out of luck and will need a soundcard to do the job.

If it's Vista there may also be another chance but slim.

The difference between a soundcard and a chipset is the chipset is built into the motherboard and most often are limited in uses.

A soundcard is a separate add-in module that needs to be installed in a slot on the motherboard.

You can disable the onboard chipset in the BIOS if you get an add-on soundcard.

First thing needed to be known is what OS are you using,XP or Vista?

Like Gary said it could just be that the chip on your motherboard won't give the needed inputs to the program.

If it's XP you should have all the input choices.In Easy Audio Capture the Capture From box should be set to your RealTek.Now look at the dropdown for the Input box.Try every choice you get there and see if any work.If not you're out of luck and will need a soundcard to do the job.

If it's Vista there may also be another chance but slim.

The difference between a soundcard and a chipset is the chipset is built into the motherboard and most often are limited in uses.

A soundcard is a separate add-in module that needs to be installed in a slot on the motherboard.

You can disable the onboard chipset in the BIOS if you get an add-on soundcard.

Thanks - I'll check that out when I get home. FYI - it is Windows XP. If it looks like I need a new soundcard, I may be asking for a how-to on disabling the onboard chipset...

Thanks - I'll check that out when I get home. FYI - it is Windows XP. If it looks like I need a new soundcard, I may be asking for a how-to on disabling the onboard chipset...

Many times you don't the new audio card will do it for you.

For XP (oops make that options then properties (not advanced).

post-58-1231943135.jpg

Many times you don't the new audio card will do it for you.

For XP (oops make that options then properties (not advanced).

Copy that

bauer.jpg