• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unable To Extract Commercials From Videos In Toast 10

ronjc_2001

Question

The Editing Gear does not show the option to compact or delete marked areas of the vide

o. I am using a Mac Pro Intel Core 2 duo and had Elgato's EyeTV installed before I loaded on Toast Titanium 10.

I have reinstalled Toast but I get the same result.

Would appreciate any assistance?

2 answers to this question

The Editing Gear does not show the option to compact or delete marked areas of the vide

o. I am using a Mac Pro Intel Core 2 duo and had Elgato's EyeTV installed before I loaded on Toast Titanium 10.

I have reinstalled Toast but I get the same result.

Would appreciate any assistance?

1) Launch Toast 10 and add your EyeTV recording to the content area of a video project

2) Double click the video in the content area and click the EDIT button (take note of the recording duration at thist ime)

3) Insert crop markers and mark any areas or segments you wish to remove from your finished project

4) Click the Toast Video Player window and you'll be prompted to save your changes to Toast, make sure you do

5) You should now be returned to Toast and you'll notice the duration has been reduced by however much video you choose to remove or crop out

6) Burn or export your project as normal

I need to run so I don't have time to check this, but I'm pretty sure you don't need to do anything other than mark the segments you want Toast to exclude in the editor and choose Save. There is no need for a compacting step.

Archived