You Throw The Bomb And Hope It's Caught

Does anything work

Question

I use the phrase above, mostly because I am working on editing football games. I want to be ready for the NBA playoffs to have my own 2009 Playoffs DVD and when history is made I can watch it at any time. But anyway on to my question. For removing commercials is there a function that can look for black screens in Creator that would help with finding commercials or is it a matter of finding the commercials manually? It's taken me 3 days (after work of course) to get through the 1st quarter of one game. So, I'm hoping for a spectacular catch.

7 answers to this question

I use the phrase above, mostly because I am working on editing football games. I want to be ready for the NBA playoffs to have my own 2009 Playoffs DVD and when history is made I can watch it at any time. But anyway on to my question. For removing commercials is there a function that can look for black screens in Creator that would help with finding commercials or is it a matter of finding the commercials manually? It's taken me 3 days (after work of course) to get through the 1st quarter of one game. So, I'm hoping for a spectacular catch.

The answer is no. Well, not really. You could try Detect Scenes, but I don't think it would find all of the commercials, if any.

Video editing is time consuming, but for me, it is worth the time I put into it.

Just to provide an update, it looks like the service patch has helped with the response time of the program. But I have also noticed a difference in how the .ts file was converted. If I convert the file outside of Roxio (I used TSConverter in my case) to a .mpg file moving along the video is much faster then if I open the .ts file and choose to convert it in videowave. Could this be because of a setting during the conversion that I don't know about?

Just to provide an update, it looks like the service patch has helped with the response time of the program. But I have also noticed a difference in how the .ts file was converted. If I convert the file outside of Roxio (I used TSConverter in my case) to a .mpg file moving along the video is much faster then if I open the .ts file and choose to convert it in videowave. Could this be because of a setting during the conversion that I don't know about?

I would expect that "moving" in a already converted file is faster then "moving" in a file that has to be converted "on the fly" in Videowave

I would expect that "moving" in a already converted file is faster then "moving" in a file that has to be converted "on the fly" in Videowave

But when videowave gives the message that the file must be converted, isn't it pausing the videowave application, converting the file to an mpg, then adding the mpg file to edit? What's the difference?

If your not sure what I mean by "moving" I mean going from one point in the video to another point in the video by clicking, holding and dragging the position bar.

But when videowave gives the message that the file must be converted, isn't it pausing the videowave application, converting the file to an mpg, then adding the mpg file to edit? What's the difference?

If your not sure what I mean by "moving" I mean going from one point in the video to another point in the video by clicking, holding and dragging the position bar.

You may be right about the conversion part since you are "converting" a ts video and I have no such file to play with.

To move the timeline cursor to another position on the timeline I just move the mouse cursor to a position on the time line and click in the track showing the time - no need to drag the position cursor

Archived